A seller in China sold me a back up camera in Nov last year. Never arrived. Anything I can do?

Contacted E-Bay but with only 30 days protection it is a joke.  It can take 30 days to get a package from China.

Seller said they were sending a second one in Jan.  Never arrived.   Now they are saying they can't refund and offering to do same thing... send a second. I said they already tried that.

Anything I can do?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: A seller in China sold me a back up camera in Nov last year. Never arrived. Anything I can do?

@daleastern wrote:

... if no cameras and it is a scam why hasn't E-Bay canned them by now?

BTW, I opened a claim at Pay-Pal.

They may have shipped the camera the first time, but the offer of only a replacement the second and third times is the scam part. The scam being that they won't ship a replacement in (a) hopes the first one will eventually arrive or (b) if the first shipment doesn't arrive that the buyer will have forgotten about it.  A delaying tactic.

The fact that they say they can't refund is a clue they are on the shady side.

Proper way for a replacement: seller refunds, buyer purchases the item again which extends purchase protection deadlines.

eBay is 30 days from last estimated arrival date for INR (Item-Not-Received).

While paypal is 180 days from date of purchase for INR.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: A seller in China sold me a back up camera in Nov last year. Never arrived. Anything I can do?

PayPal has a 180 day window for making an item not received claim from the day you made the purchase with PayPal . Make a PayPal claim. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Didn't think on that  --  THANKS

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Seller said they were sending a second one in Jan.

There never were any cameras.

In future, if you get a 'replacement' offer, refuse it and ask for your money.

If by some odd chance the shipment is only delayed, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So if no cameras and it is a scam why hasn't E-Bay canned them by now?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@daleastern wrote:

... if no cameras and it is a scam why hasn't E-Bay canned them by now?

They may have shipped the camera the first time, but the offer of only a replacement the second and third times is the scam part. The scam being that they won't ship a replacement in (a) hopes the first one will eventually arrive or (b) if the first shipment doesn't arrive that the buyer will have forgotten about it.  A delaying tactic.

The fact that they say they can't refund is a clue they are on the shady side.

Proper way for a replacement: seller refunds, buyer purchases the item again which extends purchase protection deadlines.

eBay is 30 days from last estimated arrival date for INR (Item-Not-Received).

While paypal is 180 days from date of purchase for INR.

-..-

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Good info. THANKS.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The latest news is the seller says they can't refund because Pay-Pal has frozen the money.   Funny.

I contacted PPal and we are going through the steps of a claim.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply