A seller in mailing me threats.

I ordered watch straps from seller, with immediate payment, got a confirmation of payment and an A+ review from seller. I never received a shipping confirmation or tracking number though. After months of waiting. I filed a complaint, following E-bays directions and I got an aggressive E-mail from seller demanding I drop the complaint and E-mail them personally. I continued to follow E-bays directions and messaged seller that all I wanted was a tracking number. Seller then said there was no record of payment and started asking for personal info. I mistakenly sent my receipt of payment with personal info, they continued to say I didn't pay. At that point, I realized they were scamming and cut off communication and left a bad review. They eventually sent the straps and on top of that has now started to mail random notes and threats to my home, and left an edited review describing what they did to me but saying I did it as a buyer,  lol I guess the same lazy passive aggression that made them scammers is why they are so petty...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you escalate the case to a claim and get a refund?

Did the item arrive after that?

Did you pay for the item after it arrived, using Paypal's Send Money service?

I agree that the seller is being very rude, to say the least.

First put him on your Blocked Bidder List. Even if you never intend to sell.

When you see his name in eBay Messages, delete them.

When you see his name in your email, delete them as phishing scams.

Report him to his email provider with examples of his threats.

Call Help and Contact at the top of this page and Report him.

Ask to have the 'reviews' removed since they are not product reviews while you have them.

If you mean feedback, ask to have the feedback removed, since sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

If the emails really are threatening report them to your local police, get a report number and forward it to his local police.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the info it helps, I'm not going to bother trying to change their review of me, as far as I'm concerned it proves I paid. They started mailing notes to my home after E-bay resolved the sale, the police and e-bay have been contacted. I am interested to see where they go with this so I am messaging them asking about the threats.  I'm not trying to get any refund and am not threatened by this, I only want to warn other buyers of how this happened and how little they can do with nuts people sending them things in the mail. I have never had a problem with any seller untell now and have never needed to complain...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am interested to see where they go with this so I am messaging them asking about the threats.

I'm sure the police would tell you this but, "Don't poke the bear."

When you are being harassed the best response is no response.

It is also possible since your feedback has been removed by eBay who don't do that lightly, that you are in part the author of your own misfortunes.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I do understand how that makes me look (notice I am not trying to hide it). As anyone should understand I'm not happy with getting harassing mail and the seller has been smarter than I have with E-bay that's for sure. It makes me think they have done this before considering they pressed for personal info, and the time frame of them mailing my home. I have never had a single problem untell this one. Either way, mailing things to my home is creepy & unjustified. Like I said, I'm not threatened or looking for a refund, I think they are just petty, but if sellers start doing this to the buyers that complain there's going to be eventual problems. Buyers have no protection from vindictive sellers that can cause actual physical harm to them after getting personal info. E-bay needs to protect its users better. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

protection from vindictive sellers that can cause actual physical harm

EBay is an online classified ad site.

They can do some things about financial transactions and unacceptable products.

But what you are talking about is a police matter.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, lol unless they travel across the world to my home or send a bomb in the mail no one can do anything, the police or eBay, they both think the other has a way to deal with this but they don't. From the very start I followed eBay directions, and the only reason I reported it & posting on here is to leave a digital paper trail so to speak, I will be ok legal and safety wise. Regardless if this goes anywhere the point is it's a dangerous flaw that will end badly for someone someday if it already hasn't.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply