ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

gdw9042
Community Member

== I M P O R T A N T ==

When shopping on eBay:

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA, unless China doesn't have the item you want. 

Buying only from China, I have saved: $9,876,422,531.00 - just in shipping charges in the last year. 

If north america can't get their act together, then we have to show them, that we're not idiots - we won't pay $19.99 for an audio adapter cable, then pay $21.50 to ship it a measily 100 miles.

Let's all get together, so that, domestic item-prices, and shipping-rates will eventually go down.

Plus, the stuff from China is 95% great quality!

[ If ebay was "in tune" with its members, it would be an awesome website! ]
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Plus, the stuff from China is 95% great quality!

Even most famous brands, manufacture in China so there is some quality there.

However, Ebay is garbage dump, some companies in China don't even talk to you if you consider selling their product on Ebay.

But on the other hand I see same cheaply made junk or worse in Canadian Tire, but with  Canadian prices. Rotten seeds, falling apart gardening supplies, overpriced exercising machines failing after 1 month of light use. Canadian Tire is in retail what Ebay is online. If you are a manufacturer and you offer your product through Canadian Tire, get them to brand it under their store brand, otherwise it taints your reputation (e.g. Exide, Michelin and others sell their products in CT under the MotoMaster brand). I get this feeling that what Wallmart does not accept due to low quality, CT will sell it.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

This is why things from China are so cheap. Would you like that Canada and the US implement these type of working conditions so you can save money on your gadgets??

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/30/opinion/chang-chinese-factory-workers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQPrbwWWUD4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245066/Real-Toy-Story-The-Chinese-factory-workers-forced-sleep-factory-floors.html

Our quality of life here is so much better because of the high prices for goods and services (gadgets, and postal service included) which= higher pay for our citizens.

Buying from China only means you are buying from the source and at the same time supporting another country's economy. If you look closely, pretty much anything you buy here is manufactured there anyway, someone else just imported it on your behalf, paid to market it, paid to operate the store it is sold in, and employs the people in your own country who help you find your items and ring you up at the register.

I often buy things from China too, who doesn't love a great deal?  But in my opinion, your outright boycotting contributing to our own economy and trying to rally everyone into buying strictly from China is a bit extreme and would harm Canada were you to achieve your ultimate goal.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

One problem with buying from China is that if you have a defective or not as described item the cost of returning it is often more than the original purchase price and shipping combined.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

I totally agree about not supporting another country's economy and I must admit that I never shop at The Gap like I used to because of an awful documentary I saw about the working conditions.  Also H&M, but I've never shopped there.

I would never buy any electronics from there, mainly because of the comments I've seen here.  But after saying all of that - I'm a hypocrite I'm afraid. I must admit that I buy clothing from China and everything, and I mean everything, has been just great (up to now!) and I'm lucky in that the quality has been good too.  They have the most up-to-date clothing and their marketing, in that the pictures posted are so detailed and show the garment on the PERSON, rather than in the U.S. where so many sellers don't even take the time to IRON and some are totally wrinkled, shown on a bent wire hanger!  Unfortunately ebay sellers in Canada that stock what I like are practically zero.  Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had a problem with a seller from there, their politeness, which of course they're known for, is second to none.

I'm a bit of a fashionista but unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to shop much in Canada. I bought a top a while back in a store close to me in Vancouver and paid $39.99 and have seen the exact same one in China for apx. $14.00.  If I ever get something that I didn't like, didn't fit, etc. of course I would never return - would cost more than it's worth.

I would LOVE (honestly) to support Canada's economy where clothing is concerned but my situation doesn't allow me to that much.  Don't hate me for my clothing passion!!  I figure I do my bit when shopping at local drug stores, supermarkets, hardware stores (love hardware!), electronics etc. which I do all the time.  My contact lenses are from a great Canadian site, ink for my printer, etc. - again from a great Canadian site. 

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

With Chinese clothing, the biggest problem is sizing. They just don't seem to be able to comprehend how big Westerners are.

I've gone up four sizes from my norm, and still recieved garments that were way too small. Some were smaller than the published measurements.

However, I think the OP was kidding since I frankly doubt he has saved nearly $10 million dollars on shipping on only 19 completed transactions.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

I have purchased some decent products from China but I have also received a lot of junk from there.  The jewellery section is saturated with products that are not the metals they claim them to be.  I bought some "copper bracelets" that didn't have copper in them at all.  They sell sterling silver jewellery at prices that are good to be true...because it is not sterling silver.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Anonymous
Not applicable

To femmefan, it is not $10 M with "M' in million.  It is in "B" in "Billion" as he claimed.  I think he is pulling our legs with that amount of $$ saving in shipping costs.  Unless they offer free shipping as I did bought a few items from China with free shipping.

What does he do with them, resell them on eBay or what??  Or open a store like Dollarama? 

Please expalin more.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Westernstar - you're right, I should have mentioned I never buy jewellery from China, just clothing.  I totally stay away from anything like that where the price (especially jewellery) when the price is too good to be true - of course it's not going to be 925 sterling silver if the price is too low....they neglect, conveniently to say "silver plated".

NOW, having said that, one of my ebay "duds" was a pair of hoop "925 sterling silver" earrings.........from NEW YORK, which were reasonable, but not overly cheap.  Total bunch of junk - couldn't see the 925 mark, plus they were so thin that they twisted, and after a few minutes of inspecting them, they broke in two - straight into the garbage.

Femme - hi, yes sizing can be a real problem in clothing, always shown on beautiful very slim girls.  I'm slim too, but not as tiny as they are.  It totally depends on the style of the garment. Remember buying a cape (so wide) and loved it so much, bought 2 more in different colours.  I'm currently bidding on a dress/tunic that is really cute - like a short kimono style which I would wear over leggings (too short for me!).  The kimono style I know will fit.  Now, I'm sure one day I'll receive something that I can give to my 12 yr. old niece!

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

From a feedback left by the original poster for one of his seller shipping from Hong Kong:

"Watches were LOW quality, and only the time part worked - the rest was FAKE"

No additional comment necessary.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

G4 20 watt light bulbs $4.99 EACH plus tax at Home Hardware, made in China.  A packet of 10 of the same bulbs $1.18 delivered to my door from China via eBay.  I support my own economy where possible.  At such price differentials I would be crazy to do so all the time.  $5.74 vs $0.12 !!!

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

@buddyboy_4 wrote:

G4 20 watt light bulbs $4.99 EACH plus tax at Home Hardware, made in China.  A packet of 10 of the same bulbs $1.18 delivered to my door from China via eBay.  I support my own economy where possible.  At such price differentials I would be crazy to do so all the time.  $5.74 vs $0.12 !!!

It's quite incredible that someone is dumping these 20W halogen bulbs for $1.01 on Ebay. Comparing to Home Depot is inapropriate.

* If they do not work, will China Ebay seller change them for you or take them back? Home Depot will.

* Does China seller have to pass health and safety inspections? Will China Ebay seller pay your $100k hospital bill if a bulb they sold you explodes in your face? Home Depot insurer will.

* Does China seller pay income tax here to keep this country running? Home Depot does

China can afford to set dumping price on many consumer goods and exported services due to their almost slave-like labor conditions. China already has the monopoly on producing millions types of consumer goods. These days China is second largest economy in the world just by peddling penny items, imagine what happens once they start slowly raising those prices towards par with the world. Nobody can make those trinkets anymore, so China will almost instantly become economic superpower.

Here is the price of items people need every day:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=China&city=Beijing

milk ... $2.22/L - similar as here

eggs ... $2.20/12 - similar as here

Average annual salary in China is 28,752 yuan/yr = US $4,755, approx $2.30/hr. That is AVERAGE, not MINIMUM. Yet they have to pay similar prices for food as we here, so they might earn enough for food and shelter. Is not working merely for food and shelter a slave labor ?

Chinese ruling class is working on world dominance through slave labor of their citizens and suceeding. You think you are winning by supporting this megascam, but it will bite you later when Chinese ruling class buys our countries, which are drowning in debt to China, and imposes same slave system here.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

"These days China is second largest economy in the world just by peddling penny items,"

???

I think you have a distorted view of the Chinese industry and only see the "cheap" stuff around you.

Large companies like Apple, for example, spend billions of dollars a year purchasing their high quality items from Chinese manufacturer.  And, if you take the time to look around, you will find hundreds of other large companies having their high quality items manufactured in China by reputable and reliable suppliers.

To suggest that "China is second largest economy in the world just by peddling penny items" is really missing the point.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Sorry, Mr Lebel, it is you who missed point of comment you replied to.

A breakdown of an iPhone: http://www.cultofmac.com/190822/the-iphone-5-only-costs-apple-168-for-the-parts/

China gets $168 from exporting electronic trinkets, Apple gets $500-$600 from re-selling assembled Chinese trinkets. Apple cannot get those parts in USA, but China can easily put them together.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

I have saved: $9,876,422,531.00 - just in shipping charges in the last year ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This MUST be a typo!! or?......what the heck?
Message 15 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

So I must be buying from the wrong sellers then 'cause most of the things I get are not good quality.  Why is that... because most things are "made in china" and the quality is fine when I buy them here?

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 16 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

"Plus, the stuff from China is 95% great quality!"

You're funny.  Well, not really...

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

ramabk1
Community Member

I agree with you. Stuff from China is really good, as far I and my friends bought. And the service is really nice

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

I've bought several things from China, some are nice, some are slightly lower quality but I've never received junk. My only grip is the wait time, it takes so long to get it. Right now I'm waiting on a wallet that I won 8th March and when I check the tracking it's still only on its way to Canada on a slow boat from China. Not as long as some other items I've ordered from there I guess, I'm just impatient to see it.
Message 19 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Why is that... because most things are "made in china" and the quality is fine when I buy them here?

Because the Western companies that order them for import follow their national standards for safety and their own internal standards for quality.

The counterfeiters and fakers are just making items to be sold. They don't need to live up to their branding. They do not expect a continuing relationship with the customer.

And of course, most people, including most Chinese businesses, are honest. We hear about the bad eggs. Man bites dog syndrome.

Message 20 of 50
latest reply