After 60 days, no feedback option for Buyer?

I have noticed since last year, seller/s from South East Asia do not sent the item which A BUYER HAS PAID. Instead they  lie to a buyer that the have send  the same item again and wait for another 3 to 4 weeks. The item  has never been received/ arrived!. Then the seller refund.

After 60 days there is no  feedback  options for Buyer on E bay.

Remember, buyers' time  has been wasted. and cheated by seller.

Who will pay Buyer money's interests for that waiting item for  two months.

What would seller do keeping buyer's money for two months in seller's bank account?

Refund after two months does not mean a good seller.

Buyer also lost feedback opportunity from E bay.

E bay also lost a  true feedback from the buyer.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Feedback is limited to 60 days (ties to the fact that eBay starts removing information about inactive listings/sales from the website at 60 days). It really should be longer, but that's how it currently is.

In the future:

If offered a replacement. Decline and ask for a refund. If they really still have some left to send out, you can reorder it.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@thanchithahhtay wrote:

Yes, in the future, after 45days , I will decline the replacement, refund and reorder if the seller still left the item.  

If it were me I would leave feedback when I finally got refunded and reorder from a DIFFERENT seller.  Would you seriously continue to do business with someone who tried to scam you the first time?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Feedback is limited to 60 days (ties to the fact that eBay starts removing information about inactive listings/sales from the website at 60 days). It really should be longer, but that's how it currently is.

In the future:

If offered a replacement. Decline and ask for a refund. If they really still have some left to send out, you can reorder it.

-..-

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

When offered a replacement, decline and ask for a refund.

If the refund does not appear in your Paypal (or credit card) account within 24 hours , go here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

The defect for Item Not Delivered that the scammer seller receives will be much more effective than feedback.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

The problem is the seller urge/pursues to the buyer to wait for more time to receive replacement  item or  the seller apologizes to the byer that they forget to send the item and wait for more times, in other word a buyer have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks which is more than 60 days,

Then the seller  does not send the item and would refund after 60 days, the buyer got back the money.

But left with no option for the r feedback  as of more than 60 days.

So  the buyer has lost his right to give feedback and has wasted times and expectation.

So  feedback option should be last for 90 days.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Thank you so much for your BOLD suggestion. I love this.

"In the future:

Yes since last year it's been 4 times up to now  I have to deal with seller not sending the item, but refund after 60 days and no option left  for buyer  feed back. I have lost my Right to give feed back and eBay also lost a true feedback.

Yes, in the future, after 45days , I will decline the replacement, refund and reorder if the seller still left the item.

Thanks so much.

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

In the future:

-..-

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

The problem is the seller urge/pursues to the buyer to wait for more time to receive replacement  item or  the seller apologizes to the byer that they forget to send the item and wait for more times, in other word a buyer have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks which is more than 60 days,

And the buyer should ignore this.

We are not attending a tea party at grandmother's house.

This is a business environment.

And that is not your auntie asking your help, it is a criminal.

Ask once.

Politely.

If the item does not turn up within a few days, open the Dispute.

There is nothing rude about doing this.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

And grownups don't blame others, particularly third parties, for something they can correct themselves.

Did we mention that Paypal's Buyer Protection is good for 180 days?

If it has been less than six months since you paid, go to your Paypal payment. At the top of the page under Tools is PP's Resolution Centre.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, but you have already done that.

Open the Dispute and escalate to a Claim as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@thanchithahhtay wrote:

If it were me I would leave feedback when I finally got refunded and reorder from a DIFFERENT seller.  Would you seriously continue to do business with someone who tried to scam you the first time?

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion reply. I know that Paypal's Buyer Protection is good for 180 days

I am talking particularly about losing  the buyer feedback Right.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

You are right. I should  reorder from a DIFFERENT seller

I'd rather not to continue to do business with someone who tried to scam me the first time

Thanks

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Adding to this older thread .... with the year-end holidays I gave the mail a few more days beyond last expected delivery date for the $1.07 item to arrive from China. At 67 days I went to the resolution centre, declined the offer to resend and got my refund at day 70.

Then I tried to leave negative feedback but found no link. In other words if we wait past 60 days we cannot file a negative rating. Therefore, any dishonest seller has nothing to lose but profit by not sending the item and stands to gain the full price when buyers miss the resolution deadline.

Henceforth, I will give a negative feedback before day 60.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

in other word a buyer have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks (my emphasis)

Then the seller is wearing asbestos pants.

He is lying.

There is NO NEED to wait.

A delay of a day or so is a courtesy, but more than that is a scam.

The buyer has to put on his big boy pants and open the Dispute.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

The lack of feedback after 60 days from purchase is really frustrating - I just received an item that took OVER 3 months ! Sailing ships in the 1800's could cross the ocean faster ! There is no way to warn others. I agree with the other post- request a refund at 40 days. Maybe these sellers will pick a faster method to look after their buyers.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

As a way of disciplining sellers, feedback is useless.

EBay does not use Feedback or DSRs to assess seller accounts.

Feedback is used by buyers to assess sellers.

If more than 60 days have passed since purchase (and you have not already opened a Claim and received a refund) you can leave a Response to any feedback your seller left for you.

Responses really stand out on a page.

The most effective Responses are calm and factual.

BUT

Did you catch my mention of Claims and REFUNDS!

You have 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you to open a Dispute for Item Not Recieved.

There is a suggestion that you Contact the Seller.

All you want from him is the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number.

The tracking number (not that he will have one) should show your purchase is already in Canada.

And what you actually want from him is an apology and a refund.

If he doesn't refund promptly, ask eBay to step in and Escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

If he cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Do not allow the seller to send you a "replacement". It will never arrive.

Do not allow the seller to persuade you to close the Claim before you recieve the refund. You won't.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Thanks so much for the post. I live in Canada. Recently I bought a brand new pair of Jean (China made). I paid the custom fee. The seller said there will be no Tag. I assumed it would be a price tag. (Note: Some of my jeans I bought from E bay came with a price tag1). I received the item which was the correct item. I found a missing  part from the jean. See the advertised photo shot. I sent the seller why was the part of the item missing!. I am waiting for  a reply from an E bay seller.Missing item "A cloth baggy 1"Missing item "A cloth baggy 1"

Missing item "A cloth baggy 2"Missing item "A cloth baggy 2"

Missing Item part 4.jpg

Missing item "A cloth baggy 3"Missing item "A cloth baggy 3"

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

What was the date of delivery?

If it was less than 30 days ago, you can open an eBay Dispute.

The seller will be required to send you return shipping with tracking.

If he does not do so, you will be refunded.

What was the date of your payment?

If it was less than 180 days ago, you can open a Paypal Dispute.

You will be required to return the jeans to China, with tracking to get your refund.

The cost of return shipping will not be refunded.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You can ask the seller for a partial refund. He is not required to accept.

You can ask the seller to replace the missing baggie. This will take much longer than the deadlines on Disputes.

You can live with the disappointment.

You can donate the jeans or give them to a friend.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Well, It was arrived on   6th November 2018. Thanks for the suggestion. I choose:

"You can ask the seller for a partial refund. He is not required to accept.

You can ask the seller to replace the missing baggie."

The baggie is not a big deal. I **bleep** off, because the seller breaks the rule from E bay..like not sending the item as full description  & has an attitude of  " no respect" to a buyer . Just like most Asian sellers it's OK to breaking all the rules if they get even a cent from a buyer , . I know it's a fake Rock Revival brand Jeans made in China . I am waiting for  a reply from a seller.

I have the payment date, Tracking number and a delivery date  from Mississauga, ON.

Just curious how would the seller react...Still not reply yet.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I understand what your saying about removing items after 60days, but what your doing is removing the buyers warning for other customers, that the seller is not completing their transactions.  If I see the seller has numerous items showing up late or not at all, I would have chosen to deal with someone else before I made my purchase; making us feel safer. 

No excuses, the feedback needs to be extended to 180days same as Paypal.

Another suggestion I messaged in was to allow shipping options to be filtered in the search options.  This way you can avoid bottom of the line shipping with no tracking.  Id gladly pay the extra $1-2 for tracking or speedier shipping, as I'm also tired of waiting 2-3months for an item only to have to apply for a refund and reorder. 

It took me almost a year to get one item, as I was stiffed on 3 auctions and waited almost 3 months each, and couldn't warn other users of these sellers.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2016

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice provided is often out of date and no longer accurate.

It is best to start your own thread than to tag on to a zombie.

No excuses, the feedback needs to be extended to 180days same as Paypal.

Paypal does not offer feedback. What you might be referring to is Paypal's Dispute Resolution which starts with payment and is available for 180 days.

EBay's Money Back Guarantee allows Disputes for 30 days from delivery or last estimated date for delivery. However, the removal of listing information after 90 days from payment, makes this difficult.

allow shipping options to be filtered in the search options.

The options of Highest Price /Lowest Price plus Shipping are available in the dropdown menu under Best Match (which usually isn't).

The cost of shipping is broken out in Search when you use List mode on a desktop or laptop, but phone information is much more limited.

And of course, it is a Buying Best Practice to read the shipping information BEFORE buying and to note the last estimated date for delivery along with the transaction number on your calendar.

BTW, the eBay transaction numbers also appear on your Paypal invoice which PP keeps for a few years.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Honestly, leaving feedback for an item that was bought on eBay from a Seller should be possible for up to 180 days in my opinion.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Why?

Feedback is not used by eBay to assess member accounts.

That is what Disputes are for.

And Disputes have an actual financial penalty for the one who loses the Dispute.

Only about 40% of transactions get any feedback, and most of that is left by sellers.

Most buyers don't look any further than the rating, and harken back to schooldays when 95% was an A, rather the Red Flag of a poor seller. 

If you have a problem go to the Resolution Centre.

If you miss the 30days from delivery deadline, go to Paypal's Resolution Centre.

And if you miss that go to your credit card's chargeback policy. (Policies differ.)

Message 20 of 22
latest reply