Anyone else have a problem with seller?

I ordered a Nexus 4 digitizer and LCD screen from them about 5 months ago. Took well over a month to get to me, didn't work. When I asked them to replace (even I would pay to send the damaged one back) they tried to get money from me outside of eBay (multiple times), which I advised was against the rules... They ended up 'sending' me another one but I never received it (2 months ago) and now it has been 2 weeks since they've replied to my messages.

This is a regular thing with these people apparently.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Here is how to get a refund.

FIrst you ask the seller within 45 days of purchase for a refund.

Because neither of you can have both the item and the money, he will ask you to return it on your own dime.

If you return it, use a service with Confirmation of Delivery.

IF you do not get a refund, but have proof that the item was delivered (not sent, delivered), you can start an Item Not As Described dispute.

With the DC# you will be refunded by Paypal.

If the seller ignores or refuses to refund go directly to PP and the dispute.

Keep an eye on the calendar, you only have 45 days to file.

Never ask for or accept a replacement. There is no reason to believe that it will be any better than the original and you will push yourself past the PP deadline.

Most warranties are from the manufacturer. Most manufacturers will not work with online sellers unless those sellers are also their own dealers. Much of the merchandise offered by part-time dealers is refurbished or seconds. (These can still be a good deal, but don't carry the full manufacturer's warranty).

And of course there is the infamous addon insurance many retailers add, sometimes because they know the item will not work for over the one year warranty. You won't see those on eBay.

In your case , the item worked for five months.

Paypal and eBay will not help you with a warranty claim after 45 days.

Did you send in the manufacturer's warranty card? Have you tried to work directly with the manufacturer?

You might be able to get a chargeback from your credit card. Go to the 1-800 number  on the back of the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just a mediator) and ask. Have your dates, purchase amounts, transaction numbers etc handy for the clerk to work on your request.

But frankly after seven months, it is unlikely.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm really not sure what you mean by my item "worked for five months". This started five months ago, it never worked. I offered to send it back.The seller is completely ignoring me, and has been so I have went elsewhere at this point.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi Jessica,

Is this a seller from Asia/China ?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply