Anyone having issues with receiving packages from South Korea lately?

Hi there, 

I made several purchases in December and early January with few sellers that I've done business with and I'm still getting my package 5-6 weeks later and I'm nearing the end of the estimated delivery time frame. It's particularly odd to me because I usually get packages from South Korea 2 to 3.5 weeks after shipping and these are all sellers that I've dealt with before. 

Would anyone have any problems with receiving packages from South Korea lately? I understand that there should be a delay due to the holidays but I'm starting to get worried that I won't be receiving anything at all. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@chonnien wrote:

Would anyone have any problems with receiving packages from South Korea lately? I understand that there should be a delay due to the holidays but I'm starting to get worried that I won't be receiving anything at all. 

Haven't heard about Korea so much, but lots of delays on items coming from China.  That could be creating delays for all items coming slowly from around the world.  

On eBay you have 30 days after that LAST date of delivery to open a claim.  So to max out your time, you can open the claim on about day 28 because then it will take its course.  A claim does not have to be resolved by then, just opened.  

With your PayPal account you have 180 days from when you PAID to file a claim.  That is nearly 6 months so if you want to wait a while and give the items a chance to show up, you have lots of time.  

Depending how you want to do it, just don't let your claim dates pass by.  

The holdup is the drugs coming mostly from China, but as the world starts to screen Chinese imports, the drug dealers will start to ship from other countries, 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

renees2
Community Member

Slightly late reply from OP's date but I too have been having problems with packages from South Korea this year. Same as OP, these are sellers I have purchased from several times last year before and 99% of my purchases arrived within the estimated delivery dates last year. This year, not one of my packages ordered from January to February have arrived yet. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What is the last estimated date that eBay gave you for delivery?

EBay allows you to open Disputes for 30 days after that date?

If that has passed and the deadline has also passed, you have to move to Paypal for a Dispute. PP allows 180 days from payment for disputes.

You would be opening an Item Not Received dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

Keep this simple. Not a conversation.

"When was the XXXXX sent? What  service was used? What is the tracking number?"

Don't panic if there is no tracking number. That is a Seller Protection and does not affect your Buyer rights.

Don't accept an offer of a replacement . That is almost always as scam (although one more often seen from China than from Korea).

What you want from the seller is either a refund or a useable tracking number.

Does the tracking number show the XXXX to be in Canada?

You can relax a bit at that point, but mark the last day for the Dispute on your calendar.

If you get neither number nor refund, or if the Last Day approaches, ask eBay/Paypal to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

PP hides their Resolution Centre at the top of your account page under Tools.

EBay's Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply