Blocking harassing sellers

For 2 months, I have been harassed on numerous occasions, sometimes only to my personal email, 2 or 3 messages a night.  Which, as far as I'm concerned is my private email to be used on special circumstances... I'm being extorted for feedback constantly.  I've reported them over and over and over, and nothing seems to happen.  I am still getting harassed.  I've asked eBay to send them a message or I will get my lawyer involved.  It's to that point.  They said they sent a message yet I'm still getting emails.  Is there a way to block these kind of lunatics?

Thank you advance.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You asked "Is there a way to block these kind of lunatics?"

The answer is NO.

You cannot prevent an eBay seller from contacting you and asking for revision of the feedback you have left.

All keyboards come with a DELETE key.  I use it a lot for all unwanted messages. There is nothing preventing you from doing the same.  Unwanted email messages may be annoying.  All you can do is ignore them and delete them.

"I'm a good seller and a good buyer."

Nobody states anything differently.  However, the reality is that two thirds of the purchasing transactions for which you have left feedback in the last three months were less than satisfactory.  That does not make you a bad buyer.  However you may want to modify the way you select your sellers.  Obviously many have not provided you with satisfaction.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Try leaving feedback.

_ Here's the feedback you harassed me for. Satisfied?

You can Block emails on your email account through your provider.

You are never required to open or answer any email or message.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

By the way, when you do leave feedback, which is completely voluntary, you will also be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. These are much more important to sellers than feedback.

A normal transaction gets Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

When a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 his fees may rise, his ability to list and sell may be restricted, the number and value of his lots may be restricted and/or his selling account may be closed.

Revenge is sweet, saccharine sweet. -- Anne Shirley

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Although  leaving feedback is voluntary,and I'm sure you are aware of that fact but I wonder why you don't  just type two words "thank you" and click on the appropriate stars(takes 30 seconds).I assume the sellers who pestered you expected 5 stars positive FBs.

In all the years I have been a members here,I only did not leave a FB for one seller  and that was because he overcharged me a couple of dollars( over what he had quoted) on shipping .I didn't want to pat him on the back for that or be truthful and ruin his reputation for something insignificant. if you have similar reasons ,then I would understand.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Well to be honest, apart from the lies, deception, false pretences, warnings from eBay you can throw in extortion as well.  Promising me  my actual purchase if I revised the feedback, which of course I also reported.  There have been sent emails from eBay to stop writing me, I've blocked them from my personal email, but I don't think there's any way to do it here... and the more they don't hear from me, the more I hear from them.  It's getting actually stupid now.... to the point of ridiculous .  I've followed and abided by the rules and regulations of eBay as a seller and a buyer for many years.  I know there's privacy issues not knowing how eBay is handling the case but this is seriously getting out of control.....

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I am sorry about your experience.

Somehow, in the last three months, you seemed to have a lot of poor eBay experiences, having left

- four negative feedback and

- three neutral feedback for your sellers in addition to

- five positive feedback with negative comments such as:

ERROR IS PRODUCT MATERIAL

((

Unfortunately there was a shipping error, but seller's are helpful, and the prod  (twice)

Hopefully your future purchases on eBay will be more satisfactory. 

The feedback you have left for your sellers in the last three months show only six satisfactory transactions out of eighteen feedback left or 33% only. Frankly I do not recall too many buyers with such a high percentage of bad experiences.

I also noticed that all unsatisfactory experiences come from sellers located in China (or Hong Kong).

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I suspect the seller wants the OP to change a negative feedback that has already been given.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Dear Pierrelebel,

When you say you're sorry about my experience.... your message leads to the contrary.... And looking you up I now see why, because it's coming from a seller's point of view. I'm not on the is website to be judged. I  am here to get answers on how block this seller.  Like I said I barely have scratched the surface on what I have been through for the last two months.  Seeing that I've experienced this, pulling up my stats to 'kindly' remind me of my recent experiences hardly compares but I appreciate the effort.  If you were to take a little more than the last 3 months into consideration than maybe the picture would be a little clearer for you.  

ERROR IS NOT PRODUCT MATERIAL.  And until you have all the facts I'd appreciate that if you were to respond to a question in the 'BUYERS DISCUSSION BOARD' as a seller and that you would be here to answer the question originally asked, not give an opinion on to which you are completely misinformed.  

'Frankly'  I'm not concerned your opinion on how or what my feedback percentage is in the last three months, because yes most have been from Hong Kong.  Vowing not to buy from Hong Kong, I've only done searches for North America, and then for one example when I inquired as to why my item hasn't been shipped over a week, to find out that they don't even have the product...never to be made again, then find it next week on the website...and finding out that they in fact do not ship from United States at all, but Hong Kong and after the transaction wanting me to pay for more shipping.... I've done the things to protect my self in my searches for items..... and still things go wary.  

So before you wanna come over the the buyers discussion and leave your negative comments as a seller and judge me, I'd suggest 

1) you have hall the facts not just data before you blatantly sit there and judge me, because you have no idea of the situation and details to make such a statement

2)  Maybe offer an answer to the question that was posted.  The little facts I gave to elaborate was to clarify for a comment on what other situations where taking place.  

I'm a good seller and a good buyer.  When you wanna do research on my profile and statistics, then please have the whole picture with all the facts, not just stats before you are here to judge.   it'd be greatly appreciated if you put as much effort into just answering the question posted.

Cheers

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You asked "Is there a way to block these kind of lunatics?"

The answer is NO.

You cannot prevent an eBay seller from contacting you and asking for revision of the feedback you have left.

All keyboards come with a DELETE key.  I use it a lot for all unwanted messages. There is nothing preventing you from doing the same.  Unwanted email messages may be annoying.  All you can do is ignore them and delete them.

"I'm a good seller and a good buyer."

Nobody states anything differently.  However, the reality is that two thirds of the purchasing transactions for which you have left feedback in the last three months were less than satisfactory.  That does not make you a bad buyer.  However you may want to modify the way you select your sellers.  Obviously many have not provided you with satisfaction.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanx for writing back... and thanx for clarifying your position.  I appreciate that very much... 

The delete button is now in fully effect!!  🙂

Cheers and Happy Holidays....

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You are a much nicer person than I am.

Leaving appropriate feedback as well as appropriate Detailed Seller Ratings is a way of letting other buyers know how a transaction went.

Ignoring this step, although voluntary, leaves bad sellers free to continue in their bad practices.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. Keep in mind, that when you leave feedback, others will judge you as well as your seller.

I'm primarily a seller. We sellers don't like sketchey types and criminals infesting the site either.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Leaving appropriate feedback as well as appropriate Detailed Seller Ratings is a way of letting other buyers know how a transaction went.

Ignoring this step, although voluntary, leaves bad sellers free to continue in their bad practices.

I couldn't agree more,in the case I mentioned (shipping charge was higher than quoted),I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt since he didn't  sound like he was absolutely sure of what the amount would be,so I just let it go.

A few years ago I had to pay a$4 or $5 duty tax on an item because the seller put the wrong amount for the" value of the item",I complained to the rookie seller but didn't mention it in my feedback,I just felt bad for the young seller as I was sure her mistake was unintentional.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

This is unbelievable.  Firstly thank you to all who responded, negatively or positively and with some great advice.   But I think the last straw has now been busted.

So because I couldn't get the product I wanted, I ordered from a completely different company, and after buying one item, of course asked if there is any discounts if I purchase more than one item. I'm told if it's over a certain limit they will adjust the shipping cost, which I thought was great.  So I buy another.  Write in and mentioned that I have now purchased two items and the cost is over the amount mentioned.  The response I get....."the cost is fixed and the combined shipping does not apply in this moment."   Seriously unbelievable.

Now I'm not gonna report them.  I'm not gonna give them good, negative, or neutral feedback.  I'm just simply tired of being lied to.  We as buyers have rules and regulations set by eBay to abide by.  Now of course eBay can't enforce what is said through email.  I just don't operate this way, and really, should I when it's products and money involved.  It should be clear cut.  If you say something you do it.  If I went around and bid and won a bunch of items, and then just didn't pay, eBay would for sure have something to do with it.  

So this is my last post, and when these transactions are final and arrive.  I'm leaving eBay for good.  The manner in which this operates sickens me to the point of anger, and no one gets to gets the privilege to partake in my emotions.  I'd rather cut the umbilical chord and Amazon just received a new buyer.

Cheers

Message 13 of 13
latest reply