Bought Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport,SM-G860P,Locked to Sprint

Hi, I am in Toronto Canada,
I bought this phone on eBay auction.
I tried my best to unlock this phone, but failed, contacted seller, sent e mail but no response at all. Contacted Sprint USA, They said, it should be requested by the original sprint client.
I like to unlock & activate this phone .
Anybody please guide & help me in this regard.
Thanks & Regards.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You will need to open a Return Request in the Resolution Centre. Cite Not as Described because it cannot be unlocked, assuming you were promised in the listing that it could be. Your seller will be responsible for Return postage. Follow the instructions given to you in the case precisely. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There used to be a shop that unlocked phones in my old neighbourhood.

No idea what they charged, but I'm pretty sure there would be some in your area too.

Note that when you fooled around with the phone, you may well have voided the MoneyBack Guarantee, which has been voided for example when buyers washed used clothing before trying it on.

Did you phone/email Sprint or did you walk into a Sprint shop and ask for the phone to be switched to your contract, with Sprint?

Face to face is often a good starting point.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for encouraging reply to me, I tried couple of local repair shops but they couldn't unlock the Sprint phone. I am confused as its alredy a year i won the eBay bid for this phone. I waisted my money, I don't know what & how to do to unlock this phone, even I like to return it but seller not responding any. What will be the solution I don't know. Thanks any way.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

After a year? You are probably out of options. eBay MoneyBack Guarantee is good for 30 days and PayPal Buyer Protection expires after six months. If you used a credit card to fund the transaction, you can try calling the credit card company but I'm not sure if after a year they can help either.

Did it ever work? Have you really waited 12 months to talk to your seller about the purchase being a dud? What was the date of purchase? What was your actual date of payment?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
thanks for care, yap u r right, it delayed too much, bought this phone on jan 22, 2010 through eBay auction.
Repair shop misguided me, they took longer, said they are trying to unlock this, then I took to other repairs shop, it's delayed there too. I never thought of returning it, became lazy , as I thought, it will ok to work, but all my efforts failed,
from day one phone is on to it's normal function but can't call because no service until the unlocking done. I paid through my PayPal account. Now I stuck in total loss. Any more question please. Still hoping to get any solution about this phone. Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ashra_ali wrote:
Hi,
thanks for care, yap u r right, it delayed too much, bought this phone on jan 22, 2010 through eBay auction.
Repair shop misguided me, they took longer, said they are trying to unlock this, then I took to other repairs shop, it's delayed there too. I never thought of returning it, became lazy , as I thought, it will ok to work, but all my efforts failed,
from day one phone is on to it's normal function but can't call because no service until the unlocking done. I paid through my PayPal account. Now I stuck in total loss. Any more question please. Still hoping to get any solution about this phone. Thanks.

2010 ? I assume you mean 2016 since you said you bought the phone a year ago earlier in a post.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply