Buy it Now

mcrlmn
Community Member

What does bin_15x54.gifmean to you?

Does it mean buy it now, or tomorrow, or 3 days from now, or next week?

Perhaps never?

Perhaps I should have failed grade 3 english?

Buy it now,,, buy it now... buy it now...

No matter how many times I say it, I don't get any other meaning than 'buy it now'.

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buy it Now

Obviously you have a problem with Buy-it-Now.

What - specifically - is the problem?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buy it Now

It simply means buy it while you  are still interested or before you suffer from buyer's remorse.

You should pester your deadbeat buyers until they pay up or tell you to forget it.this way at least you know where you stand.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Buy it Now

If your customer has not paid in three days, send a polite note asking if he needs any help. Often this will remind him.

If there is no satisfactory response, on Day Four open an Unpaid Item Dispute. Close it as soon as possible and get your selling fees back. The deadbeat gets an Unpaid Item Strike and cannot leave feedback.

Set your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes.

Set your Terms of Sale to require Immediate Payment on Buy It Now items. If the buyer does not pay immediately, the item remains live until someone, not necessarily the first bidder, does pay up.

Now anything that's worth anything's really right here in this cargo bay. You take a look around, decide what you think's fair. - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buy it Now

lol...

Why not just say 'Buy it' if now doesn't mean now.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buy it Now

What is your question?

Do you have a problem with Buy-it-Now as a buyer?

or a seller?

If as a seller, do you equate "buy" with "pay"?  I do not.

Personally I want folks to buy.  I do not really care when they pay.  Next day, next week, that's all fine with me.

Sellers who want to get paid immediately (if that is your question) should use the "immediate payment required" function.  Their choice to use or not use it.  I do not.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Buy it Now

By the way, I noticed that you follow-up positive feedback received from buyer with a comment

"Thanks again (first name)! Much appreciated!"

You may not realize that but this is a violation of the feedback policy.  You cannot use feedback to identify members.  I know you want to add a personal touch, and that is all good (great marketing), but it should be done in direct communication with the buyer, not on a public forum like feedback. 

It is also weird when the buyer is a man but the PayPal account is held in his wife's name.  You are thanking Mary for a purchase made by Peter!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply