Buyer Seller Shipping Question, Please HELP!!!

Hi everyone,

So I am the Buyer and I wanted to return an item due to it being damaged, the Seller agreed, however the Seller wants me to ship to a different address than the one listed on the package it was sent from.

(Short Story) When I told the Seller that I will ship it back to the Sender Address, they said that's not the address I am supposed to send it to, meaning its obviously a different address than the sending address.

Is this safe to do or is this not advisable? 

I ask this because I heard that if the shipping address is different, then eBay and Paypal will not cover me due to it being a different address outside the transaction address.

Please only answer if you know for certain!  Appreciate your help!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm going to have to suggest you contact Ebay directly on this one. There is a process under which sellers are supposed to accept returns and you want to be sure you're following the right advice. Go to Help & Contact at top right. Don't delay. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm going to have to suggest you contact Ebay directly on this one. There is a process under which sellers are supposed to accept returns and you want to be sure you're following the right advice. Go to Help & Contact at top right. Don't delay. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi Canadianguy... I'm more than agreed with the suggestion of mjwl2006. If you do not want any problem with this return folow exactly what ebay will tell you !

Cheers !

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Is the address from the package in Kentucky? If so then you bought through the bogus global shipping program.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply