Can't pay for item because seller doesn't ship to my province

me_gwatt
Community Member

Hi there.

I tried to an item located in Quebec but received an error message that the seller does not ship to Nova Scotia.

I submitted a request asking for an exception.

I received an invoice from the seller for $5 extra but, when I try to pay it, I receive the same error message that he does not ship to Nova Scotia.

This is extremely frustrating and, if it keeps up any longer, I will not have need for the item I'm trying to purchase.

I tried to cancel the purchase, but I am not allowed to do so.
At no point did I agree to purchase the item because I did not know the total until this morning.

This is messed up, eBay!
Please advise!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is currently a problem with some ebay Canada French checkouts. Can you decipher enough French to checkout using the French version of the site? That might fix it. Or you can ask the seller to send you a Paypal Invoice for Goods or Services directly and mark it paid once you have done so. There have been other threads about this. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I received an invoice from the seller for $5 extra but, when I try to pay it,

Excuse me?

Sellers cannot charge more for shipping than the advertised price.

Calculated Shipping gives the cost of shipping to your doorstep and the seller does not have to add on anything extra after the sale.

(He can include a handling/packaging cost to the shipping charge but that would appear on the listing, not after the sale.)

EBay is protecting your from an 'eBay illegal' charge.

If you paid the original amount, and the seller does not ship, open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

While we are at it:

message that the seller does not ship to Nova Scotia.

If the seller is listing on either eBay Canada site, he ships anywhere in Canada.

If he is listing on another eBay site, he can Block all of Canada, but not specific provinces.

I'd request a cancellation from this sketchey seller, and shop elsewhere.

It will not get better.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply