Can't really track global shipping program - Frustrated

I do not like the global shipping program.  It's ability to track items is seriously flawed.  I live in a rural area and do not get ANY deliveries other than post .  Here is my experience:

I bought an item in the US shipped through the ebay shipping program.  I get an ebay tracking number, and a USPS tracking number.  The ebay tracking number doesn't tell me much about when to expect it.  The USPS number says the item is being sent expedited, and will arrive in two days.  When I update this number, in two days, the status shows it is being delivered.  It was only delivered to the centre in Erlander, Ky.  It sits there for several days.  I have no idea who has it, or what is happening.  If I check the other link (USPS) the only information that it was delivered, which doesn't tell me much or where or how it is being delivered.

The global shipping number can't be tracked outside of ebay, and the domestic shipping number is only for USPS, and shows it as delivered.

I have to logon with different devices, as different devices show different details.  None shows what carrier the item is being transported with, or when the actual realistic delivery date is.  A week wide guess really doesn't cut it.  I don't know if it is being shipped by mail, courier, or by an old guy who is now looking for my house on foot.

Finally, if I go in with one device, I get a link to the fact that this is supposedly being shipped by CanPar.  However, when I click on the hyperlink, I get taken to Canpar and told that that item can not be found.  This has been the case for several days.  I also got an email notice that Pitney Bowes (Ebay shipping) has prepared a delivery label for my through Canada Post.  But no parcel has arrived at Canada Post with that delivery label on it.

I want the ability to know WHO is shipping my parcel, and what the tracking number is ON THEIR SYSTEM.  Why does Ebay obfuscate this information?  And why does the information depend on what device  you are using to retrieve it.  Right now if I go to the Ebay site on my Win8 computer running Chrome, I do NOT get anyway to access the Canpar tracking number (even if it is apparently not correct).  The domestic shipping information that I get on this computeris a week old, and still shows that the package was delivered by USPS!  However, if I use the Ebay APP on a IPad, I get the Canpar information.  If I use the ebay App on a smartphone, I cannot access ANY domestic shipping information.

I need to know who has it because if it is not being sent by CanPost, the courier will not be able to deliver it due to my rural location, and will also have no way to contact me as I do not have a listed phone number.  This is simply dumb.

EBAY!  WHO HAS MY PARCEL AND WHY WON"T YOU LET ME KNOW THIS AND TRACK IT PROPERLY!

Message 1 of 143
latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

@tee_bee_ay wrote:

Yes, GS charges DO show before committing to a purchase, but you must be logged into your own location/local ebay account. For instance, I live in Nova Scotia Canada.  While I may like to shop on ebay.com because of more variety, unless I take that item number over to ebay.ca and log in on that site, I WILL NOT SEE the charges appropriate to my country.

Not sure which post of mine you're responding to but, yeah, a glitch seems to have creeped into the .com site recently that has eliminated the "import charges" field on listing pages.

I'm not sure that .com has "better selection" than .ca, by the way.  I think the search function just behaves differently on the .com site and is probably more effective for the types of items for which you search.

Message 81 of 143
latest reply

Pitney Bowes now has a tracking website. Try your parcel at https://parceltracking.pb.com/

Message 82 of 143
latest reply

Cool.  It will be interesting to see how well that works with Global Shipping Program shipments.

Message 83 of 143
latest reply

Thank you SO much for posting that!! eBay was posting the tracking times using GMT I'm guessing (5 hours in the future by all appearances) 🙂 And only posting once every so many days (not updating often at all).
Message 84 of 143
latest reply

The number is no longer in service !!!!
Message 85 of 143
latest reply

@htfireman wrote:
The number is no longer in service !!!!

Things change, that's true.  Taken from their website today, here is a contact info page.  

http://www.pitneybowes.com/ca/en/contact/contactus-email-us-canada-en.html

Message 86 of 143
latest reply

onosson
Community Member

I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 87 of 143
latest reply

onosson wrote:

If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

If only!  A thousand thank-yous for taking the time and trouble to post all that for everyone, now and in the future.  You are right that it should be made obvious for users of that system.  I believe it will eventually, but just like the parcels themselves, everything moves slowly with the GSP.   

You won't mind if your post is copied, pasted, and shared around these boards by other users?  

Again, thanks and applause, we were waiting to hear how that thing works!    🙂  

Message 88 of 143
latest reply

Having the sole resource of getting your money back weeks after an item was to have been shipped and delivered is just not good enough! In today's hyper technology environment, and considering a global conglomerate such as this, could that possibly be as good as it gets? I beg to differ and feel it's a pressure up situation to make eBay a better performer in this category. We should demand more.Christmas gift? Graduation? 16th birthday? Anniversary? Think about it… How would you like to be on the nonreceipt end of that transaction and the frustration that goes along with needing ID to prove who you are at the end of line/take receipt? Or even better the person that has to wait weeks and weeks for disposition only to get a refund and start over again more than a month later, possibly without some of the shipping, and most definitely a loss at currency exchange!

Message 89 of 143
latest reply

The thing I do in annoying situations is to thank my lucky stars I am not in Aleppo, or on some leaky boat from Libya that might get half way across the Med.

It sort of puts small stuff into perspective. People are intensely wishing they were in situations much worse than yours, so feel lucky, be happy.

Message 90 of 143
latest reply

OMG
Message 91 of 143
latest reply

I used the Pitney website finally I can know where my item is!!
And guess what
It travelled from Atlanta to Chicago to Italy and then it made its way back to Toronto!!! Whats wrong with them are they kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at this people annnnnnd looool

ATLANTA, FULTON COUNTY, GA, USA
2017-02-02 04:34:00 pm In Transit
2017-02-03 01:48:00 am In Transit
2017-02-03 02:31:00 am In Transit

ERLANGER, KENTON COUNTY, KY, USA
2017-02-03 09:37:00 pm Arrived at the Global Shipping Center
2017-02-06 12:56:47 pm Processing at the Global Shipping Center
2017-02-06 01:54:48 pm Customs Documentation and Labeling
2017-02-07 09:48:24 am Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination

CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, IL, USA
2017-02-07 05:34:00 pm In Transit with Destination Carrier

CHIA, DOMUS DE MARIA, CA, SARDEGNA, ITA
2017-02-08 11:04:00 am In Transit with Destination Carrier
2017-02-15 03:20:00 pm Customs Cleared
2017-02-16 05:22:00 am In Transit with Destination Carrier

And now
MISSISSAUGA, PEEL, ON, CAN
2017-02-16 03:51:00 pm Delivered

My question!!'
Am I going to pay for the Italy trip!!!'

What's wrong with this shipping method...are they out of their mind!!
like Chicago is only 5 hours driving from here why would they take it to Italy.........

Stupid or what else!!!
Somebody explains cuz I have noooooo clue!!!!!!
Message 92 of 143
latest reply

Oh yes my item made her trip back using Spain route
What a lucky item!!!!!
Am thinking of packaging my self in this Global shipping thing.. I might travel around the world for free then!
Message 93 of 143
latest reply

@najaeljamma-0 wrote:
My question!!'
Am I going to pay for the Italy trip!!!'

No, you will not pay for your parcel's scenic route. Hey, it was Valentine's Day, and Italy is thought to be a very romantic place to visit.  

Or maybe all that showed up on the tracking info by mistake.  

Either way, the GSP is never fast. But it does seem to be very reliable.  You will be getting your item soon.  That's one thing about the GSP, things take forever but they almost always arrive.  

Message 94 of 143
latest reply

Exactly.. I was so worried since I couldn't find any site to track my package.. and so glad I didn't see that it was in Italy without me.. not fair after all
Thanks vivian
Message 95 of 143
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

Or maybe all that showed up on the tracking info by mistake.

That would be my hypothesis, given that there's only twelve hours or so of time (making allowance for the time difference) between the last scan in Italy and the scan in Mississauga.

Message 96 of 143
latest reply

It's not unusual for items destined for TORONTO to go to Italy.

There is a city with a similar name there.

For that matter there are Torontos in Ohio, Illinois,and Iowa.

You'd think postal codes would help but......

Message 97 of 143
latest reply

You are so right on this one! I purchased 2 items on same day, and the 1 item went on a site seeing tour in US. This program is through Pitney Bowes and is just a way to undercut the US Postal Service as well as Canada Post. They use the postal service, but only for last leg of the delivery. If my items were not sent through the Global Shipping, both my packages would have been here days ago! This is now the 3rd time I have had issues.
Message 100 of 143
latest reply