Canada Post says my item is delivered which I didn't receive.

My item is delivered to a local office of Canada Post. I ordered the item from a member from US. When I called Canada Post, they say the sender should call us. I tried to contact to the seller via email and messages but they did not reach me back. I couldn't find any solutions on Ebay nor any other report solutions. What do I need to do now?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"My item is delivered to a local office of Canada Post."

What is the question? 

When an item is delivered to the nearest post office or postal outlet, it is your responsibility to pick it up.  Most post offices will require adequate identification.  If taxes and fees are due, they must be paid prior to taking possession of the parcel.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your answer. My question was simply how I can reach to my item. I know it is in a Canada Post office, which only business accounts have access to. When I contacted to Canada Post customer service, they told me since the item is coming from abroad, the sender should first contact with Canada Post (I have no idea why). I tried to contact with my item seller, but they don't reply me back.

Now, have no idea what I should do 😞

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"which only business accounts have access to. "

???

Walk in to the post office with identification to get your parcel.  Canada Post are open for all, individuals and businesses.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post should have left a notice in your mailbox.

It is partly made of light card and partly of thin paper and printed in red and blue.

The PO where your parcel is waiting will be on the notice, along with the hours of service.

If you didn't receive a notice, go to the nearest postal outlet or Post Office, and enquire. The notice may have blown away or been discarded as junk mail.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply