Cancelling a purchase

1carpman
Community Member

I recently bought an item and paid with paypal. A few days later the seller implied the item was out of stock and offered me a different item for more money. I refused and asked for a refund. The buyer agreed. All this was over the Ebay message system. My queston is do I have to take any action or is it up to the seller and what should I do if nothing happens?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancelling a purchase

Seller should be sending you a Transaction to Cancel Purchase (or whatever it's called) and you do your part in agreeing to it and then money is refunded to wherever you sent it from.  You didn't say when he agreed to cancel, but if you haven't heard anything in a little while phone ebay at 1-866-278-1053 and they should get on to him about it - hope you've kept all your messages between you and the Seller - ebay can see all of that.  Remember, time difference if purchased from Europe, China, etc.  Seller might be sleeping!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cancelling a purchase

Seller should be sending you a Transaction to Cancel Purchase (or whatever it's called) and you do your part in agreeing to it and then money is refunded to wherever you sent it from.  You didn't say when he agreed to cancel, but if you haven't heard anything in a little while phone ebay at 1-866-278-1053 and they should get on to him about it - hope you've kept all your messages between you and the Seller - ebay can see all of that.  Remember, time difference if purchased from Europe, China, etc.  Seller might be sleeping!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply