Chinese sellers lie too much, I have not received many items, and when you contact them, they lie.

Items from China take too long, and when you contact them, it still never arrives. They will say go ask your neighbor, are you kidding in my neighborhood it will be gone. They always say it is on its way and I cancel the complaint on ebay and nothing happens, my items never arrive and hardly ever refund your money. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Chinese sellers lie too much, I have not received many items, and when you contact them, they lie.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Contact the Seller is the first suggestion.

It's only polite.

And it is just a suggestion.

If the seller does not respond with either a useable tracking number or an immediate refund, ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

And on all those others.

EBay only supports Disputes for 30 days after their last estimated date for delivery.

If your problem purchases have gone past that date, go instead to Paypal and make your Claim there.

The PP Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Simple solution: don't buy from China unless you are willing to pay for air shipping.

For the last few months, Canada Customs has been examining China shipments much more closely looking for weapons grade drugs being smuggled into Canada -- this has slowed customs clearance by weeks. Added to the time for shipping by boat that gets to be way too long.

As femmefan has said, if you no longer have ebay Item-Not-Received (INR) protection, then go to paypal and use the INR protection there.

As to your complaint: "They will say go ask your neighbor, are you kidding in my neighborhood it will be gone. " -- why do you expect a seller (let alone one from China) to know that you live in a bad neighbourhood?  Just reply that you know there is no point in checking and would like a refund. If no refund, then ask eBay to step in.

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Correction ... as reallynicestamps said ...

(I mixed up user Ids when writing my post -- I hate Lithiums very short correction time limit).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you've waited longer than ebay allows to open an Item Not Received (INR) case, go to Paypal. It gives you 180 days form time of payment.

Never wait longer than 180 days to get something you've bought nline.

There is currently a delay with incoming items from China at Customs who are searching for very dangerous illegal drugs which are being exported as part of lettermail. But, as a buyer, that is not your problem. Open your INR case. 

And if you're curious about the Customs problem, google the terms, 'China mail fentanyl' or something similar. It's quite shocking. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

My own experience is that you virtually always have to wait 2 to 4 months for an item to arrive. (If at all). The postage is usually free but 3 months or more to get it? That not only takes you out of Feedback range but the order is almost always gone from your purchase page. (I've started keeping links so I can find the page again). So, you wait 2 to 4 months for something and it doesn't arrive. They offer to reship or refund. If you take the reship you're waiting another 2 - 4 months. If you take the refund and you still want the item you re-order (again from China) you wait ANOTHER 2 - 4 months. Either way, an order placed in January may not arrive until June! Thing is, even on a dollar item the product is so cheap (poorly made) they can well afford to send it to you a couple of times and still turn a profit.

And they're sneaky too - they have warehouses over here and they promote the product as if the item was manufactured and sold by an American. The ad, that appears to be placed by an American seller, is written like any other Chinese ad once you get past the main headings that are there to fool you.They don't lie but they are masters of deception. "Buy from USA," "Shipped direct from New York," etc etc. All to give the impression its an American product.  It's NOT! Just keep reading the ad. The one thing they haven't mastered is the English language. Just read the whole ad. You can tell its not an American seller. The real killer for North American sellers is shipping. The exact same item when bought out of China usually offers free shipping but if you buy it in North America it could cost an additional 30-40 dollars in shipping. That's why we buy Chinese. Postage for these Chinese sellers is government subsidized. American sellers can't compete with free shipping. But I'm sure you've heard all this before.

As always, 'Buyer Beware."  Peace!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply