Combining shipping From One Seller no longer??

I tried twice on two recent purchases to get combined shipping that the sellers do offer. Once I clicked on "but it now' on the items, ebay woudn't group them. I did it a second time on another purchase but went to "add to cart", ebay let me "requset total" before paying. Did ebay do away with "request total" before going to paypal? I have to pay for shipping on each item now.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Were both purchases made on the same site (eBay.ca or eBay.com) and listed in the same currency (Cdn$ or US$)?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Did you hit Recalculate? Don't.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I always use the  ,ca one. One seller refunded the difference and the other says he will shortly, once he looks into it. I'm sure it showed both currencies. I did one more multiple purchase today just to try it out again, plus I needed stuff. It did the same thing.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I don't have that feature in my shopping cart.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

If you use the cart and the seller has already set up combined shipping discounts, the shipping should be automatically discounted in the cart. Near the bottom of the cart you should see how much has been discounted but it isn't in large letters so it can easily be missed.

I've read that the 'request total' button appears once in a while but I have no idea why or when it does.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Chances are you purchased something from someone enrolled in the GSP program {Global Shipping Program} Ebay does not allow combined shipping within the Global shipping program.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. GSP DO NOT ALLOW combined shipping!! I bid and won 8 very light items and the seller cannot combined shipping due to GSP, I ended up paying over $55.00 for 8 very light iems!! Go figure eBay!! eBay, how about making it possible to combine inGSP?? Or is it the best way for eBay to make extra $$$ with GSP that way, is that purpose for having GSP when it comes to multiple orders??? Hmm??
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@online2u2012 wrote:

Chances are you purchased something from someone enrolled in the GSP program {Global Shipping Program} Ebay does not allow combined shipping within the Global shipping program.

That's no longer true. If items from the same seller are put in a cart, the gsp will combine the shipping cost.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Thanks everyone. So far the sellers have refunded whatever was overpaid. I just tried another trip to the cart again. Now when i put more than one item into the cart, I put the cursor on the same line as the sellers name and now the "request total" button shows. When I move it away it disappears. I clicked on the request button and it goes to a page that shows what you are buying and a large blue button is visable that says"request total and commit to buy" figure that out. I haven't gone beyond that part yet, just wanted to test it so far.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Just saw something interesting. When I put items into the cart, as long as I had just one of each, the"request total from seller" would appear. When it put anything over one for any of the items, the request button no longer would appear.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Are you checking to see if the discount has already been given in the cart? If the seller has their discounts set up properly, you should see the discount although it isn't all that obvious. I realize though that not all sellers have discounts set up. I knew that greenmangoes had her discounts set up so I'm using her listings as an example.

In the following example the original shipping charges were $11 U.S. and $9 U.S.  ($12.03 & $9.85 Cdn)

In the blue boxes you can see that $3.28 has been discounted so the total shipping is $18.60C

1 shopping cart discount.jpg

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

i have seen the discount box. As in your example, it seems a bit much when the necklace is $6 to ship when it can be just put in with the package that has the blouse. It's great for the seller if that person $11 to ship the blouse and makes another $6 for the necklace that don't take up any space or weigh anything. It's not great for the buyer, not being cheap, just that's what I see and ebay has not done this before to my knowledge. A discount isn't combined shipping, they're separate.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

A discount isn't combined shipping, they're separate.

The discount is because the shipping will be combined. As far as I know, there is no way for the seller to set it up so that you are charged the exact amount of shipping when shipping items from two different listings. It may be possible to set up different discounts for different 'groups' of items...I haven't tried to do it...but I think that many sellers just take off $x shipping for each extra item. Ebay wants sellers to set up shipping discounts on their listings which is why you don't always find a request total button.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

busntruckfan:

Shipping is not as cheap as you think.  To ship that necklace alone to BC (V0J 2N0) for example, cost $15.  I took the box it would be shipped in to Canada Post to get the cost.

Shipping cost is determined by size, weight and location.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 15 of 24
latest reply

I was having the same issue here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-Is-Request-Invoice-From-Seller-Option/m-p/256995#U2...

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I think the poster was referring to how much extra the necklace would cost to ship if it was sent with the blouse as the extra weight would not make much of a difference in the actual shipping cost. But my intention wasn't to start a debate how how much a seller charges for shipping so I'm sorry if I caused a problem by posting an example from your listings.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

pjcdn2005, it's not a problem at all. I see what you mean. I am also still learning and hoping to come up with the best shipping cost possible 🙂

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

I didn't want it to go off topic either, but i saw the same thing looking at brochures which are just sheets of paper. I'm trying to learn what I can since I want to start selling a little bit.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I did something a bit different, well it's what I used to do and it worked before. I picked the items I wanted from the one seller, put them all in my watch list. I then went to the first one, clicked "buy it now" then "commit to buy" It says "go to sellers store", I click that and then went back into my watch list and did it again. A page comes up with a list of what you just bought and wants you to pay, but I went back to my watch list and bought two more. Now I went to the "pay now" and the then another list comes up with shipping for each item. But at the top it does have "request total from seller" button. I have never tried this method for a quantity of more than one matching item, but it seems like it was a lot easier, now I have to wit for the seller to get back to me. Maybe I should stick with this method?
Message 20 of 24
latest reply