Contacting eBay & location options

I see eBay has gone underground! There is no direct "contact us" option anymore! "Customer service" is GONE. I hope eBay smartens up before they go completely down the drain. No customer service = no business!!!

The "location" options have change and NOT for the better! "Located in Canada" and "available to Canada" were valuable tools and they are GONE.

If eBay doesn't smarten up in serving its customers, I will be closing my account!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

They still have their eBay Inc website - http://www.ebayinc.com  with contact info and their San Jose campus address. But you're right. They need to their act together!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

"There is no direct "contact us" option anymore! "Customer service" is GONE"

???

It is called Customer Support and is available on every page on eBay.ca (top right hand corner).  Most users find it easier and faster to simply ask their questions on the discussion boards to get answers from other experienced members.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"It is called Customer Support and is available on every page on eBay.ca (top right hand corner). "

Try it! It takes you to an automated system where it searches for an answer to your question but NEVER gives you the ability to contact eBay.

In this case, I was looking to offer my feedback to the changes they made on the "Location" selections. I guess they don't want to know and don't care. I can only hope that somebody from eBay reads these forums because the current locations options make eBay VERY cumbersome to use for those of us who aren't in the U.S. I, for one, am looking for other options, other than eBay, after almost 20 years as a user.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

" I was looking to offer my feedback to the changes they made on the "Location" selections. "

Customer support cannot do a thing for you.

You need to communicate directly with the staff and management of eBay.  They are available every Wednesday at 1:00pm (Eastern) on the Weekly Board Hour.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The "location" options have change and NOT for the better! "Located in Canada" and "available to Canada" were valuable tools and they are GONE.

What category are you shopping in? I see the Canada Only option on the left side of every page and various other similar options when I click on advanced.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What is gone is the "available to Canada" option - that includes sellers who WILL ship to Canada.

If I select "Canada only" I only get vendors located in Canada

If I select "North America" I get both Canadian and U.S. vendors but MANY U.S. vendors will NOT ship to Canada so I have to go through ALL the results to sort them out..

I can see no advantage whatsoever to the current option selection - only disadvantage by making it harder to find products.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree,it's like you are at walmart looking at their flyer and wanting to buy one of the items in it but under the ad you read:item only sold in the US.why is it so hard for ebay CANADA  to only provide it's shoppers  what we can actually buy.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply