Does anybody work at ebay anymore? I have a theft concern and evidence.

I have a serious security (theft) concern and I keep reporting it and no one EVER replies. Paypal brushed me back off to ebay and ebay IGNORES with form replies. I am fed up!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Theft or fraud or an unpaid item?

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Theft should be reported to your local police. Mostly you want a report number. You can use that to make a claim to your household or commercial insurance company.

Fraud ? If the reason you are being 'ignored' is that deadlines have passed, go to the credit card you back your Paypal account with (PP is just a useful mediator) phone the 1=800 number and ask the clerk about a chargeback. She will need all your paperwork (transaction numbers, dates, currency, payments m etc.) to process a refund.

Unpaid Item?

If you have passed the deadline as a seller, you will have to write off your eBay fees as a  business expense. You can open a UID as little as 96 hours after the purchase.

If you want more useful advice, you will need to explain the situation, with dates. You can't mention the other party's name however. You can give the listing number.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello,

Thank you kindly for a reply. I am a seller. I have in the past, sold 3 different (separate transactions) to 3 different user names, all to the same address and person in Belarus (I am in Canada). All end up in false claims. All accounts were opened up within a 2 week period late Dec early Jan of this year. This week they purchased another, again under another user name with same criteria. If they have opened up 4 different accounts with the explicit intent of stealing packages with my account alone, it is safe to assume there are many more accounts that they are using in a predatory manner upon other members. I am trying to shut them down and am willing to provide assistance, but as I stated, all complaints are ignored by ebay. I phoned and waited on hold and gave up there too.

Also, I have had many unpleasant email with this person months ago, well past the point of doing business. There is only 1 reason they would try to purchase another cd after 3 "unsuccessful" deliveries and the harshest words I have ever exchanged with any customer at any level of business. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Well, obviously you should not ship.

In fact, refund the money they paid.

Then , take a deep breath, wait until they open a Dispute.

You will have to decide if the possiblity of a defect is more important than losing cash money.

My thought is that they won't because this will once again bring them to the attention of eBay. If others have been Reporting them, eventually eBay may wake up.

They don't make money when there are disputes. The labour costs must be greater than the fees, I should think.

Have you added Belarus to your Blocked Destinations? That option is part of your Seller Preferences. And of course all of the IDs should go on your Blocked Bidder LIst. It is my understanding that this Blocks not only IDs but also web addresses.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You seem to be shipping to alot of countries that are really risky. The best way to prevent this type of fraud is by blocking no brainer bad countries.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply