Does this look like it has even been mailed?

Just says Multiple Carriers through the GSP, and it hasn't even updated since the 10th.

Dealing with a unhelpful seller that claims to have customer service, but has done very little to show it.

I opened an INR case today because the delivery window passed. I haven't heard back from the seller since the 19th. Just seeking outside confirmation about all this. I don't like opening INR because I pride myself in honest, and awesome relations.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I tried to edit it, and add more, so I'll just put a bit more info here.

When I go to: https://parceltracking.pb.com all that it says is: 

Tracking Details Uploaded 2017-03-10 03:46:01 am (doesn't even seem like it was mailed)

No updates at all.

Ebay it says this on the Canadian Site: 

Carrier: Multiple Carriers

U.S site it says this:

Next tracking information will be available after 3-5 business days

None of those three things have updated at all since the 10th.

Seller didn't really answer any of my questions both times she replied. Gave me empty, but promising answers of support.

Just wish I could get my item. I'd rather have the item, and if it arrives even after I get a refund, I'll give the money back to the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I tried to edit it, and add more, so I'll just put a bit more info here.

When I go to: https://parceltracking.pb.com all that it says is: 

Tracking Details Uploaded 2017-03-10 03:46:01 am (doesn't even seem like it was mailed)

No updates at all.

Ebay it says this on the Canadian Site: 

Carrier: Multiple Carriers

U.S site it says this:

Next tracking information will be available after 3-5 business days

None of those three things have updated at all since the 10th.

Seller didn't really answer any of my questions both times she replied. Gave me empty, but promising answers of support.

Just wish I could get my item. I'd rather have the item, and if it arrives even after I get a refund, I'll give the money back to the seller.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

and it hasn't even updated since the 10th.

Does the item show as being delivered (usually by USPS ) to Erlanger KY on the 10th?

If so, the seller's responsibility for delivery has ended.

That is the GSP plant.

The GSP (spit spit spit) has its weaknesses -- there are over 5000 posts about those so far-- but it is pretty good about delivery.

The 'multiple carriers' is there because GSP uses several different carriers for delivery. The most usual is Canada Post, but we also occasionally hear of CanPar and FedEx.  This is not a worry.

And tracking is a Seller Protection. It doesn't speed things along and it doesn't protect your purchase from damage in transit.

If you are not home when the carrier arrives, you will get a Notice telling you where and when you can pick up the shipment.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery
 And there is this method too (originally posted by unison)

And here is another:
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The tracking information doesn't even say anything. It just says: Tracking Details Uploaded on https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

There is no mention anywhere of it even leaving, or arriving at a single destination.

On eBay.ca where I have my purchases, I click on the UPA tracking number, and it just says, Multiple Carriers.

There is no information past that. It's blank. The blue bar that fills with in transit etc isn't even there. Even on Ebay.com, there is nothing updated in the UPA tracking. The seller told me she finally made an attempt today after I started my INR that she just contacted eBay.

She had since the 19th when I pointed out the shipping problem, but did it today the 27th when I finally pushed for an INR.

I'm not deeming all GSP as bad, as I've had some stellar quick deliveries, but this one is puzzling me. 

I think it's one of a few things:

A: The item hasn't been properly scanned once LOL

B: The seller never shipped because it only says "Tracking Details Uploaded" on the PB dashboard

Usually when I just see Tracking Details Uploaded it's usually the seller just doing the shipping labels online. 

Her lack of communication isn't helping the issue either, and it's only making me see red coming her way *Feedback*

I understand that tracking is a seller protection, but it's also helpful as a buyer to know when to expect delivery. It's also a way for me to know if something is wrong.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@konamicode wrote:

I'm not deeming all GSP as bad, as I've had some stellar quick deliveries, but this one is puzzling me. 

I think it's one of a few things:

A: The item hasn't been properly scanned once LOL

B: The seller never shipped because it only says "Tracking Details Uploaded" on the PB dashboard

I can think of a possibility "C":

The seller doesn't know squat about how the GSP works and sent the item directly to you, which would render the GSP's tracking feature (such as it is) useless.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sadly that's not the case, and I wish it was. 

Seller told me a few times she sent it to Kentucky. It's hard to say what happened really, but it's nice to brainstorm with others that may of been in this situation.

Somewhere along the line, there was a screw up. Could even be option 😧 The database that records tracking numbers lost a brain cell.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Have you asked for or received a tracking number from the seller for the item's transit from the seller to Kentucky?

Having said all that, I think you may be coming to the same conclusion that I did when I was a tracking geek:  All tracking does is prove what you already know, that you do or don't have your item.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply