Item 261455557924

Most of these I've seen have been selling for over $200.00

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does this sound legitimate?

Most likely FAKE

His other listing for the "Higher Ground DVDs" he actually states that the series was never released on DVD.

It sounds like he burnt DVDs from a video tape.

And the listing for "Can You Dance" contains a link to one of eBay's competitors just click on the word DVD

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

From the listing description:

This set does not include case or artwork, each disc in a paper sleeve.

If you check the seller's feedback received, you'll see a number of feedback comments about this item.  They do seem to be all positive, but I suspect most of these buyers knew what they were getting.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's possible that they are burned dvd's which are not legal to sell.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Most likely FAKE

His other listing for the "Higher Ground DVDs" he actually states that the series was never released on DVD.

It sounds like he burnt DVDs from a video tape.

And the listing for "Can You Dance" contains a link to one of eBay's competitors just click on the word DVD

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for all the replies....I was looking for a set as a gift; looks like this one is too good to be true.  Will search elsewhere.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

<<It's possible that they are burned dvd's which are not legal to sell.>>

That depends whether or not a program or film is in the public domain, which can be copied

and resold with impunity.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well the answer is already here but to add to this .. The 2 most bootlegged DVD's Are Disney and T.v. Series .... Everything about the listing is a little shady ... The wording is very sketchy ...

Defective disc can happen whther they are legit or not but mentioning it means they have had there fair share of defective disc and often is to often .. i have had maybe 2 defective disc in 60,000 sales ...

but so many things in the listing is just wrong ...Disc are verified... come on .. unless they are burnt who in the right mind would go through 40 disc to varify it ...

anyways i would say stay away and be very careful when buying when buying t.v. series  and disney DVD for unbeatable prices...

I have even had other Canadians on kijiji try to sell be bootlegged t.v series...

Google DVD-fan wholesale make sure the - is in there and you can see things to watch out for as this will give you the range of what is really going on out there even though there is much more then that out there. .. it's sad that all these people do is take away from honest hardworking companies ...

i would put my money on it that min 50% of all Disney DVD sets(not blu ray sets) sold online are bootlegged

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

yeah there is one that looks legit for $50 starting eBay item number: 291130352583 (one bid so far) . if they say "has booklet" mostly means it is real because making booklets are expensive (at least ones that look real).

that is one of my #1 pet peeves are fake cds and dvds. used to be a huge problem from the UK where they were flooded in fake cds. that is why so many UK sellers put "genuine cd" or something like that. although sometimes with fake dvds people are so desperate for them (especially if never released in any format) they will take inferior copies. myself, I would never buy any dvd of any kind from China for example cause everything is a bootleg pretty much.

I do not sell but I cannot understand how people sell or buy fakes. I feel sorry for people who get duped into them.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply