Don't wait your purchased item over 35 days from your order.

bokywon
Community Member

I purchased a bluetooth keyboard for my nexus 7 tablet from a Chinese company() on E-bay in May, 2014.
I was waiting the item over 25 days and I contacted the seller. The seller asked me to wait for it because the delivery from China to Canada is usually too slow. I waited for it over 35 days and I contacted the seller again. They asked me to wait for a week. I expected to get the item soon but it didn't come to me. I contacted the seller and the seller told me that they want to refund a half of my payment. I could not accept it and they promised that they will refund all of my money if I did not receive the item when I wait a week more.
Finally, I did not receive the item over 50 days from I ordered the item. I asked the refund to the seller and the seller told me they will refund my money. However, they did not refund for me. I contacted Paypal for the refund, but Paypal said to me that I could not get the refund because I asked the refund over 40 days. At that time, I realized that the seller cheated me. Thay asked me a week more when I contacted them each time.
I want to leave a feedback, but I couldn't leave my comments because it was over 40 days.
I found that many buyers posted their complaints. Many buyers did not receive their items and their money. They seem like my case.
I contacted ebay and ebay said that I have to contact the seller and ebay don't work for me because over 40 days.
I contacted the seller many times and the seller told me they considered to refund, but that was it.
I regret to ask the refund to paypal before 40 days from I ordered the item. I believed the seller's promise to refund my money when I contacted the seller.
I did not buy any items from ebay after the things happened to me. I disappointed the ebay's customers service even though I did not know 40 days refund policy. I had many emails between the seller and me about the delivery thing. If ebay looks them on my account, they will know who had fault.
I will not buy any item again.
If I have to buy some item again and I don't receive it in 35 days, I will ask paypal to refund my money because I lost my believe for ebay and I also knew the refund policy.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"Finally, I did not receive the item over 50 days from I ordered the item. I asked the refund to the seller and the seller told me they will refund my money. However, they did not refund for me. I contacted Paypal for the refund, but Paypal said to me that I could not get the refund because I asked the refund over 40 days. At that time, I realized that the seller cheated me. Thay asked me a week more when I contacted them each time.
I want to leave a feedback, but I couldn't leave my comments because it was over 40 days."

Yes, you should file a claim by day 40 no matter how seller responds.  That gets you more time.

I believe you get ~ 20 days (someone may confirm/correct) now to escalate. If item comes during that time, close case. No harm no fowl.

If item does not come by claim day + 19, escalate. Always protect yourself.

If something might take more than 60 days shipping, is it really worth it?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Had the same story last february with a seller from China... Wait too long to escalade the ''Not Received Item'', after 50 days I explain my case to Paypal, they sent a request email to the seller but he never answer back.

Since then I'm VERY careful with all my purchase, especially outside north america, and I do apply the 40 days rules for everything !

Sorry we had to learn via the hard way !.... But I do still believe ebay is a very good shopping experience (and selling too for me)

Bad seller are everywhere !!!

Cheer up my friend !

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If your Item Not Received Dispute is turned down by Paypal because you have passed the 45 day deadline, you can still go to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just a mediator) phone their 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

Cards also have deadlines, but they are longer than PP's, often up to 90 days.

But mark your calendar when you buy something with Day 30 from purchase. There is no reason for an item to take longer than a month to arrive.

I could always say that I was flying the ship by accident.-- Hoban Washburne

Message 4 of 4
latest reply