Done with eBay

I used extensively Bay for many years however for the first time I returned 3 items to the same vendor (dash cam, smart watch and SD card) they didn't operate properly (after many emails back and forth) I paid for mailing it back $35 without tracking. With tracking it would have been $78 .I choose not to buy the tracking. A month after sending it back to China I asked the seller if they received it so they can refund me the $75 purchase. After 4 months they still say they didn't received it....I will never buy something from China greater then $5 not worth the risk. With Amazon.com you know there is am zone behind the product even if it's thru 3rd party.called eBay but they can't help me.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Done with eBay

@ariedeb1 wrote:
I returned 3 items to the same vendor (dash cam, smart watch and SD card) they didn't operate properly (after many emails back and forth) I paid for mailing it back $35 without tracking. With tracking it would have been $78 .I choose not to buy the tracking. A month after sending it back to China I asked the seller if they received it so they can refund me the $75 purchase. After 4 months they still say they didn't received it....I will never buy something from China greater then $5 not worth the risk. 

I would absolutely agree that it is best to buy from North America.  The items arrive faster and are far more likely to be fully functioning and what appeared in the listing.  

When you get something that doesn't work you need to open a claim for NOT AS DESCRIBED.  On a NAD item the seller is responsible to for the cost of return shipping.  They can't mail you a return label on an international order, so they are supposed to send you the money to buy TRACKED  postage yourself.  Then you enter the tracking number in the claim and when the seller receives it, you get a full refund.  

That is eBay policy.  If you did not to that, it is your own fault, not eBay's.  It is true this seller sent you junk, lied to you, and stole your money, but you let it happen.  Get to know the policy so it doesn't happen again,

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#doesntmatch

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Done with eBay

Thank you. I wish I can put a review for the seller so others will be carefull but it doesn't let you do it after 3 months.
Lesson learned and that why I move more towards amazon
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Done with eBay

@ariedeb1 wrote:

Thank you. I wish I can put a review for the seller so others will be carefull but it doesn't let you do it after 3 months.
Lesson learned and that why I move more towards amazon

I'm not following your rationale here.  Doesn't Amazon have a 90-day time limit for leaving feedback?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Done with eBay

Did you try to open a case with eBay and show them the email conversations?

If you are able to escalate the problem enough, you may be able to at least get the $75 purchase back. (not sure about the shipping).

You have the press hard on eBay because once you decide to ship the item back, eBay considers that you've made "an agreement" with the seller (which makes no sense at all) and eBay will claim that they have nothing to do with this transaction. 

I also agree with you that it's not worth getting expensive items on ebay...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply