EARTH TO EBAY - Any Web Programmwers on Staff???

Maybe you should consider hiring some.

One of my items in my bidding list is showing GREEN ( as in, I am winning) when in fact I am about seven bids back of the current top bidder.

Its been like that for a couple of days now  - VERY DISTRACTING!!

How about FIXING IT, PLEASE???

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

another look... see the attachment below

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hey!! Why did this get moved to BUYER CENTRAL??? Its clearly a SITE ISSUE, which is where I originally posted it.

Once again, ebay STILL BROKEN:

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

AND  not only is ebay inappropriately marking the auction as me WINNING... I cannot even HIDE it. Man Sad

Thats right, because it thinks I am constantly WINNING, it won't allow me to HIDE the auction.

its a very ANNOYING distraction as I scan my list of bids, looking to see which ones I actually AM winning.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE??? (out there... out there... out there...)

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You'll probably have more luck contacting someone from eBay if you go through Customer Support rather than a user-to-user discussion board.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Customer support no longer has an EMAIL option... I am not up for wasting half an hour phoning some call center (on my dime) - when I cant even post screenshots to them. (doh!)

I>M>H>O>

SUPPORT ought to be trolling "SITE ISSUES" they would get a lot more done..

Incidentally  it's CHARMING ( NOT!!!!!) to see my 7 dollar bid is still "Winning" this auction   😞

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Jeepers! If it thinks you're still winning when indeed you're not, maybe you'll get a 'won this auction' notice!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@upincanada wrote:

Customer support no longer has an EMAIL option... I am not up for wasting half an hour phoning some call center (on my dime) - when I cant even post screenshots to them. (doh!)

Then use the "call me" option instead.  Maybe they'll invite you to email you those screenshots once they figure out what's going on.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Why should i spend MY money to fix EBAY's totally unprofessional programming??

I t costs me the same in AIRTIME to receive calls, as it does to make them. Besides, I have no desire to hang on a phone for god knows how long trying to explain the situation to some call center flunky for whom English can loosely be described as a third language.

c'mon!!

Forums are brilliant things for clearly documenting website issues - pasting in error messages, uploading screenshots... why just WASTE A LOT OF TIME with phone calls??

by the way i am still "winning" ...

"woo - Hoo"  Robot Mad

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Interesting.  I've got unlimited free evenings and weekends on my mobile plan and pay a flat rate for long distance on my landline.

But I guess you've found that your phone plans generally work well for you.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Did you clear your browser cookies and cache? Did you try another browser? What browser are you using?

I clear my browser and windows daily with free tool CCleaner. I find it keeps issues with eBay to a minimum. eBay is changing their site code on the fly so clearing cached code minimizes problems.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The minimum wage in Ontario is 18 cents a minute.

How many minutes have you spent already fussing about a minor matter?

You know you are outbid.

Move on.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

During the weekly Board Hour with eBay staff today, I asked him to take a look at this thread.

Here is the comment from eBay staff:

"I got a good chuckle reading some of the comments on that thread Smiley Very Happy

Looking at this user's My eBay, every item they are bidding on currently show the correct price colour according to whether they are the winning bidder or not. The auction for the item that seemed to show an issue is now finished (with a bright red price).

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to look at here."

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The issue DID  exist - look at the three SCREENSHOTS posted in this thread.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply