Ebay has become a massive headache and a joke for Canadian buyers with the new stupid format

So I bought something on ebay and it said clearly that shipping would be 12.07 Canadian. When I looked at what was charged  for shipping it was 20 dollars Canadian so I contacted the buyer. He said it was not him that charged but ebays Global Shipping. I said but YOU were the one advertising the price of shipping that was incorrect. He said contact ebay. STUPID CHANGES MAKE IT A BUREAUCRATIC nightmare getting any help. Now you cant just open a case you have to call. So I waited and waited. The first guy was openly rude and unhelpful and said it was the seller and nothing to do with ebay. He sent me to billing and the guy tried to make excuses about why it was 20 and not 12 which half of what he said made no logical sense. He told me I paid 19 dollars when it was 20 and tried to tell me import charges were 8 dollars on a 20 dollar item that they just tacked on without telling me. It didn't say anywhere on the website when I bought that they would do this. The guy then told me EBAY would call me within 2 days and nobody ever did. Instead of the seller or ebay taking responsibility they just keep pointing the finger at eachother. COME ON EBAY. You have sent me up the chain and passed me along to save 5 bucks American. I will not ever buy from ebay again. They have become a scam with the new way they run the show and their terrible Global Shipping Program which is super expensive. I would think for a multi billion dollar enterprise they would be more customer focused...as they used to be. NOT ANYMORE! BEWARE OF EXTRA SHIPPING, BUREAUCRATIC , AND THE RUN AROUND BLAME GAME FROM EBAY NOWADAYS!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay has become a massive headache and a joke for Canadian buyers with the new stupid format

The trick is not to avoid ebay but sellers in the USA and UK who have subscribed the Global Shipping Program. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Also, you should know the site has been experimenting on how it displays the sellers' shipping and import costs when they use the Global Shipping Program. It has been discussed at great length here on the Boards. If you still feel aggravated, come to Board Hour tomorrow and raise it directly with ebay Canada staff. Otherwise, we are all just other buyers and sellers here. 

Join the Weekly Board Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

owlgebra
Community Member

I have to say that with all the money I'm not spending because I refuse to engage with a private shipping company for small mail delivery, I might have to take up stock market gambling again.Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 4
latest reply