Ebay removed feedback even though it was appropriate as far as I am concerned.

I am so shocked at what has happened here!! I have been buying and selling on Ebay since 2001 and have dealt honestly in all cases. I have tried to deal with this seller in all ways but have been blocked at every turn. The seller absolutely refuses to refund my money or deal with me in any way – when I try to go through Ebay I am told that I bought from an Australian site when in fact the seller is in Saskachewan. What I do not understand is this; I paid promptly for this item- the $20.00 he wanted. Then when I complain about the cutout from a magazine that I received, he sends me this threat, when I tried Paypal they did not recognize the Number. Now you tell me WHY I CANNOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!! I deal honestly and this is what I get. I haven’t left Neg feedback in 10 years. .

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You bought an item (magazine page?) from a Saskatchewan seller who was advertising on the Australian site.

You paid.

He sent an item which was unsatisfactory.

He refused to refund you.

Did you offer to return the item? The Standard Practice is 'no refund without return.'

You tried to open a Item Not As Described dispute.

The Transaction Number was not accepted.

Did you cut and paste the number from the listing? You might have made a typo otherwise.

Did you Dispute on the Canadian or the Australian site? I don't think that should make a difference, but it's worth looking into.

You find you cannot leave feedback.

Have more than 60 days passed since your purchase? No FB can be left after 60 days.

Did the seller leave FB for you? You can Respond to any FB, yours or your seller's, indefinitely. The most effective Responses, like the most effective FB are calm and factual.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If I were  to mail back the piece of paper I recieved (for $20.00) I would have no proof of anything, not that it matters anyway. After the overtly threatening Messages I have recieved from this seller backed it seems by Ebay, and after being on Ebay for 13 years I am about done with it all. I hate to give in to this kind of behaviour but when you cannot leave Neg FB when you have been sent a fraudulent product - why  bother!! I am so disappointed in Ebay about this!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Everything you have suggested , I have tried except sending it back. She offered a partial refund but honestly, I recieved a fraudulent product and now that Ebay has condoned her behaviour, she keeps sending me gloating messages, one of which I will cut and paste after this reply. Ihave been around and around the Customer Service site and I am tired of that too.

I am not a Spring Chicken and have MS to boot or I would have a lot more feedback than I do . All of this is just a waste of energy on my part and when the company that you are dealing with allows the sellers to act however they want to, well why bother. Both Amazon and BTR offer Free shipping, Free Returns aand refunds- no questions asked. So tell me - as a Buyer- Why should I buy off of Ebay? I got the runaround until all of the options were gone except feedback - and had a hospital stay in that time period as well.

Just to be clear- I did not threaten Neg FB i gave him Neg FB. I am steamed that Ebay offers No protection for Buyers from this sort of thing. This message came on Sept 10.

Thanks for your response, and please do not think that this is about the money as it is not. If I could send someone a picture of the magazine add I recieved as a Fine Art Print , I would.

glass(i)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Everything you have suggested , I have tried except sending it back. 

Which is the only effective way to get your refund. 

EBay and Paypal will not allow you to get a refund and keep the item. You must prove that it is back with the seller. 

Either chalk this up as a learning experience or return the item with Confirmation of Delivery. 

Not every transaction in life goes well. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It seems that you have an encountered the worst case scenario for eBay buyers.

You have to return the item with tracking for your refund but shipping would cost more than you paid for the item.

My guess is that this exactly the reason eBay.com is going to a system which forces sellers to pay for returns when the item is NADed.

It's a BIG problem for buyers.

Since the item wasn't listed on .com it seems you're out of luck.

It is not  uncommon for eBay to refund buyers as a courtesy in such cases.

It might the worth the phone call.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thankyou to all who have added their 2 Bits to this problem and especially to holdmygold2. I will try the phone call to Ebay but frankly it is more the insulting way I have been treated by Ebay after 13 Years of Buying and Selling. I believe they have forgotten just who the truly important people are here.  I have been both Buyer and Seller in about the same proportions and in all those years I have never been treated as badly by a Seller or by Ebay as I have in this deal. Whether I stay on Ebay or opt out and stick with Amazon and BTR will remain to be seen. Thanks everyone.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply