Ebay told me I can only buy 3 pair of shoes from a seller in 10 days., actually only allows 2 pai

needabid
Community Member

Ebay.ca  has told me I can only buy 3 pairs of shoes from a certain seller in 10 days, but now only allows me 2 pairs in 10 days without officially changing their directive.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay told me I can only buy 3 pair of shoes from a seller in 10 days., actually only allows 2 pai

Each individual seller, not eBay,  is the one who decides how many items a buyer can purchase from them at one time. The seller may be uncomfortable because you are fairly new. If you want them to increase the limit you will have to message the seller to ask if they will do that. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

For further clarification, there is a setting sellers can use to limit the number of items a single buyer can purchase in a 10 day period. They can also apply that setting only to buyers with less than a certain number of feedback.

Are the shoes expensive? The seller may have it set to only allow a certain number of pairs of shoes to be bought by each buyer to avoid issues with false claims. Of course, there are other steps they can take to avoid those (tracked shipping, for example), but the "block" you are encountering is another way eBay allows sellers to mitigate against possible issues.

As pjcdn2005 said, the next step is contact the seller. They may be willing to work with you to find a solution.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's a Seller Protection and not personal.

It also acts as a Buyer Protection, because new buyers are more likely to get sucked in when a deal seems too good to be true.

Communication with your seller is your best bet here.

Or add the third pair to your Watch List, and buy later when you have received and inspected the first two pairs.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I was sorry for the man with no shoes till I met the man with no feet.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply