Expensive order received wrong item via the Global shipping program

I placed an order that cost me just under 250.00 US that is done via the global shipping program and a package came in today...with a 10.00 iphone case.  **bleep**?????

I notified the seller and he's telling me the screw up must be on their end because he doesnt own one of these things.

i'm beyond **bleep** right now..how the **** does that happen? What is my recourse? The seller said he would contact ebay tomorrow morning.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If the seller sent the right thing to the GSP plant, then the problem started there.

The seller is not responsible, and probably should not be involved.

Open an Item Not As Described dispute immediately

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Generally what happens then is that PitneyBowes who run the GSP for eBay refund your entire * payment without demanding that you return the unwanted item.

Done.

Please don't blame your seller.

Donate the item or something.

*Including duty and tax, although that may come in a separate refund later

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

thanks i had opened a refund request and no i didnt blame the seller when i did the request....i'm just concerned at the moment because it wasnt cheap.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Have you got the packaging?

The return address for the seller of the phone case may be on that (from the seller to Kentucky depot leg of the trip) and if this is not the address of the seller you bought from this would be evidence you were sent the wrong package at the GSP hub..

Also, if it is possible to gently peel off the final label there may be a GSP code number on the initial label that would confirm you were sent the wrong package.

There is not really anything the seller can do for you although they might be able to supply the code number of the package you should have got.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

so something unexpected today happened....

i received another package....so i have no idea whats going on.  i cancelled the return request although now i have no idea what to do with the extra package.  i will have to remember to ask my wife in the unlikely event that she ordered a case (unlikely) but you never know...plus i did double check and the tracking number i saw on yesterday's package matched the listing i originally won so again not sure what's going on....

anyways i left positive feedback to the seller already....not sure what to do with ebay about it but i guess i'll wait until i've spoke to my wife just in case (again i doubt it)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Your post is not all that clear but I assume the latest package is the one you were expecting when the wrong package (phobe case) arrived.

Careful examination of the packaging might give a clue as to what went wrong (transposed code numbers,etc) but as far as ebay and the GSP are concerned I'd just forget about the phone case package. Whoever ordered that will get a refund from the GSP if they have the wit to apply for one.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

ok thanks...gift to someone it is 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Please remember to close the case you opened if you received your item.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply