FREE Shipping May not ship to Canada

p009731
Community Member

Just wasted an hour of my life courtesy of eBay.

My invoice to eBay 1 Million Dollars USA GREENBACKS!

Looking for an Invicta 8 slot watch case. Rare and very expensive thru Canadian sellers including the least inexpensive for the most part website amazon.ca.

These cases are everywhere in the US but all the US websites refuse to ship these cases to Canada as the Canadian govt' in an effort to keep us Canadian realizes these cases aren't for Canucks as they are way to American. that's my guess.

So perusing thru ebay, I did hundreds of clicks on all theses case and all claimed FREE shipping or fair price shipping.

Then as I click thru get the old way overpriced shipping and the Global Smack grab insult that's makes shipping half the cost of the product or mare. The other half is "May not ship to Canada".

WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN WASTING MY TIME ???"

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@p009731 wrote:

Looking for an Invicta 8 slot watch case. Rare and very expensive thru Canadian sellers including the least inexpensive for the most part website amazon.ca.

So perusing thru ebay, I did hundreds of clicks on all theses case and all claimed FREE shipping or fair price shipping.

Then as I click thru get the old way overpriced shipping and the Global Smack grab insult that's makes shipping half the cost of the product or mare. The other half is "May not ship to Canada".

For starters:

IMPROVE your search skills -- eBay search allows you to sort by "PRICE + SHIPPING" -- this will allow you to skip those listings that don't have a shipping cost to Canada.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

as the Canadian govt' in an effort to keep us Canadian realizes these cases aren't for Canucks as they are way to American. that's my guess.

Do you mean there is duty on them? Or that they are cannot be imported -- like fireworks or ivory?

More likely you are just seeing a lot of paranoid American sellers, terrified of shipping to someplace foreign... like Hawai'i.

That the cases can be found through sellers who use the GSP (a Seller Protection program, by the way) proves that there is no Canadian government ban on them.

You can politely ask any seller if he would consider shipping to Canada using the USPS First Class International Parcel service. This provides the sender with Confirmation of Delivery and carries up to four pounds of product.

A smart seller will say yes.

You really don't want to deal with the dumb or paranoid ones anyway.

If you cannot find a seller who will ship directly, you have to decide if it is worth it to you to buy from a seller who uses the Global Shipping Program.

FWIW, the one and only time I did that, the seller had the lowest price anywhere on eBay or Amazon even including the GSP charges. (It was a trade paperback, a scarce book that is part of the Firefly canon.)

Since the item is over $20CDN (about $16USD at the moment), you will pay the GSP ~$5USD service fee, and sales tax of 5%t0 $15 depending on your province.

If the case is US/NAFTA made, make sure your seller marks it as such, because then you probably will not have duty on it. If it is made overseas, it is dutiable. This is just as important if your seller is willing to use the postal system, since this is probably too bulky for CBSA to ignore.

The difference then is that you will be charged the import fees on your doorstep and the postal carrier will charge a $10CDN service fee.

Politely.-  Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I found a new one for $50 but the shipping by USPS Priority was also $50 to Canada.

I also found a GSP one where the cost was $56 and shipping $35 by GSP, so it seems that looking for non GSP ones does not always mean cheaper totals.

It seems to me an ordinary hard attache case and some self cut foam would do the job just as well for less money with components you could easily buy locally, but I have no desire to go diving with a case of watches.

I was especially amused by a description stating the box has a 'non functioning pressure release valve' so I assume the whole 'dive' thing is just a bit of a joke. Why are there so many items around that are quite crazy?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply