FlexDelivery?

low_denn
Community Member

Because i will be working full time starting on March, I will not necessarily be able to pick up packages at home. Additionally, I also do not wish to have my purchases intercepted by other people in the household, which has me considering the use of Canada Post's FlexDelivery system, which in turn uses a PO Box. Anyone know if this will cause any problems?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

FlexDelivery?

The only problem I've ever had with our PO box, was finding parking on a busy street.

PO boxes are a great invention, and much more secure than home delivery or community mailboxes.

The only question would be delivery from sellers who insist on using courier delivery, but most of those are in the USA and you would be avoiding them because of their OTT customs brokerage fees.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

FlexDelivery?

@low_denn wrote:

... I also do not wish to have my purchases intercepted by other people in the household, which has me considering the use of Canada Post's FlexDelivery system, which in turn uses a PO Box.

FlexDelivery at most locations does not use an actual box -- it's a virtual box at the postal outlet of your choice -- where you pick it up at the counter.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/fd/default.page?murl|pdn|nr|1702

FlexDelivery can only be used for parcels going through the postal system. Does not work for other shippers. Does not work for Canada Post oversize lettermail.

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

FlexDelivery?

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

FlexDelivery can only be used for parcels going through the postal system. Does not work for other shippers. Does not work for Canada Post oversize lettermail.

Does this mean that it would or would not work with oversize international lettermail (Small Packets, USPS First Class International Packages, USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Boxes)?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

FlexDelivery?

@marnotom! wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Does this mean that it would or would not work with oversize international lettermail (Small Packets, USPS First Class International Packages, USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Boxes)?

Depends on what service Canada Post converts them to. International is up to 2kg.

Lettermail in Canada is 500g and under.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

FlexDelivery?

Flexdelivery works with parcels, not with letters.  Parcel with tracking I was told at the Flexdelivery counter.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

FlexDelivery?

Sounds as if the best bet is an actual PO box, which accepts any size or type of shipment.

The problem being that not every PO has any boxes available. You may have to shop around.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply