Global Shipping Program mailed me someone else's order

So GSP mailed someone else's order (packing slip is for someone in Australia!) to me in Canada. Other than messaging the seller, what are my options?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This happens occasionally.

THe only thing to do is a claim through the resolution process for Item Not as described. Not much point contacting the seller, thesere is nothing they can or should do and it is not their fault. Open the claim and escalate it as soon as you can.

Include in the notes the fact that it was a GSP item intended for someone else. You will get a full refund and there is no need to return the object. The seller will not have been penalised so just keep it.

The other buyer will do the same thing and the GSP will pick up the tab for the mistake.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This happens occasionally.

THe only thing to do is a claim through the resolution process for Item Not as described. Not much point contacting the seller, thesere is nothing they can or should do and it is not their fault. Open the claim and escalate it as soon as you can.

Include in the notes the fact that it was a GSP item intended for someone else. You will get a full refund and there is no need to return the object. The seller will not have been penalised so just keep it.

The other buyer will do the same thing and the GSP will pick up the tab for the mistake.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@alok0holic wrote:

So GSP mailed someone else's order (packing slip is for someone in Australia!) to me in Canada. Other than messaging the seller, what are my options?

Contact Pitney Bowes at: global.shipping.support@pb.com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It is worthwhile to contact the seller, not to complain but to let her know that the GSP made this error and charged the buyer duty and sales tax plus a service fee for it.

The seller may also be able to do something about getting the original purchase to the buyer.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply