Global shipping program = SLOW SHIPPING and FALSE SHIPPING IN THE DESCRIPTION!

I can't believe that U. S. sellers on ebay even use this! I already checked what a fedex ground rate is from a certain seller to me and it is way faster! instead the seller sent it fedex ground to ebay and then they send it to me USPS which is more expensive for them and is slower for me! why didn't the seller just send it fedex directly to me like it said in the description! i would be faster for me and cheaper for me! but now he sent it to PITNEY BOWES Inc. and then they ship the package to us!

THIS IS THE MOST STUPID SYSTEM ON THE INTERNET!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You are absolutely correct.  It does not make sense to purchase a US$15 board game with a US$24 shipping charge when using Global Shipping Program.

The program initiated almost three years ago was not intended for those low priced items.  It is unfortunate American sellers use GSP when they should not. Shipping directly would be cheaper and more efficient for the buyers in most instances.

The program primarily was set up for American sellers not shipping outside their borders. With GSP they ship domestically (to Kentucky) and all extra costs are paid by the buyers. 

All Canadian buyers can do is avoid these listings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

True, it most likely would arrive quicker if they ship it Fed-Ex direct to you but......have you factored in the guaranteed brokerage charge that Fed-Ex would ding you with?  In and around the $20 - $30 range. That is added on to the ship charge.

For lightweight, lower priced items, US sellers can and should be using basic USPS first class mail. It comes with tracking and usually will arrive in a reasonable time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply