Global shipping program

Hi I have ordered a package while ago. Still haven't received it but it was delivered to the US address and I live in canada. I have been able to track the parcel to a certain point and all it says it's in transit to destination. But it's been like that for 4 days now. And it won't have any updates. How can I see where my parcel is and when I will get it!?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global shipping program

3 REPLIES 3

Global shipping program

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Global shipping program

Assuming your seller shipped using the GSP, sounds like your parcel is/was in Kentucky for inspection and possibly repacking. Tracking, once it has left Kentucky to come to Canada can be spotty at times. I am somewhat sure that when it reaches the border, it gets handed over to Can Par for finally delivery to the Canadian address. It is possible it will not get scanned again until it is delivered to you. 

Too early to panic, give it another week and if you have not received the item yet, then politely email your seller (use "other" for the reason you need to contact them), and just give them the heads up that you haven't received it yet. FYI, US sellers using the GSP are only responsible for getting the parcel to Kentucky. If another 7-10 days or so goes by with no delivery, you will need to open up an "INR" (item not received) claim.

It will then be between you and ebay and Pitney Bowes. Your seller has fulfilled his obligations.  Hope the package gets delivered in the next 10 days or so for you. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Global shipping program

@snoopwiz wrote:

Too early to panic, give it another week and if you have not received the item yet, then politely email your seller (use "other" for the reason you need to contact them), and just give them the heads up that you haven't received it yet. FYI, US sellers using the GSP are only responsible for getting the parcel to Kentucky. If another 7-10 days or so goes by with no delivery, you will need to open up an "INR" (item not received) claim.

It will then be between you and ebay and Pitney Bowes. Your seller has fulfilled his obligations.  Hope the package gets delivered in the next 10 days or so for you. 

If the package does not arrive, do NOT email the seller! That can only confuse matters and create a big mess which will likely leave you out-of-pocket. Since the seller has fulfilled his/her obligations, as noted in the quoted post, there is nothing he/she can do to help you.

If your package hasn't arrived by the last estimated delivery date given to you by eBay or Pitney Bowes, open an "Item Not Received" claim in the Resolution Center. Mention that the item was shipped through the GSP. That is the only way for you to get all of your money back, including what you paid to Pitney Bowes.

Once you have done that, you can email the seller if you want to, but only as a courtesy. Explain what you did and why you did it and let them know that their funds will be on hold for a few days but that they'll eventually be released. You can also let the seller know that he/she will not be penalized.

If the item eventually arrives after you have been refunded, it's a free item! The GSP does not support returns and you do not have to refund the seller, who kept the money from the sale. The only ones who will be out some money will be Pitney Bowes, and it serves them right for putting together such a lousy, half-baked program.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply