Has anyone else noticed lately packages not arriving?

I'm pretty much an all day, all night buyer and have found in the past my bids often win, even though they're fairly low - sometimes under .25. Unfortunately, way too many of those low bid items are not arriving and the sellers are downright eager to refund the money.

If I bid on something, I really want it, not a refund. These refunds coincide with a recent large increase in minimum bids I've noticed, especially on Items with free shipping from China and Hong Kong.

I don't want to be penalized by eBay for too many refunds, but it's not my choice. Can/should I do anything?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Even with the low subsidized price of postage from China, it is hard to believe that the sellers are making any money on 25 cent items with Free Shipping.

While it is possible that the items are being stolen, there is little reason to believe that a (well-paid) postal worker would be tempted to steal cheap junk and risk his job and pension for items too cheap for the dollar store.

More likely the items are just never being sent. They may not even exist.

File the Item Not Received disputes and hand out those violations.

The sellers are making their money on the buyers who pay the quarters and don't bother filing disputes.

One hundred quarters is $25.

The average annual income in China is 51474 CNY or $911 CDN. $25 is substantial.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

So items are sent but get stolen or the sellers just don't send them because they can re-list and  get more money for them?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Even with the low subsidized price of postage from China, it is hard to believe that the sellers are making any money on 25 cent items with Free Shipping.

While it is possible that the items are being stolen, there is little reason to believe that a (well-paid) postal worker would be tempted to steal cheap junk and risk his job and pension for items too cheap for the dollar store.

More likely the items are just never being sent. They may not even exist.

File the Item Not Received disputes and hand out those violations.

The sellers are making their money on the buyers who pay the quarters and don't bother filing disputes.

One hundred quarters is $25.

The average annual income in China is 51474 CNY or $911 CDN. $25 is substantial.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I think they're not being sent at all since the last few, after refund, have been immediately re-listed. I have 1 right now where the 1st item was refunded, then re-listed but the second item, bought before I knew the seller was bad, still hasn't arrived and the seller has blocked communication, so I can't contact them about it.

Still, will I get penalized for too many refunds because of this?

I really don't mind if the bad sellers block my bids, I think they're being fraudulent and just wish they'd set the minimum bid where they're comfortable. Only fair to buyers.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, but I live north of Toronto, get my mail at a box 'inside' a locked post office (I can only check my mail during business hours) and really think the items just aren't being shipped.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

"Still, will I get penalized for too many refunds because of this?"

If anyone is to be penalized is the seller,I wonder how long it will take paypal to notice the same items keep getting re-listed ,how many refunds will it take?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

bought before I knew the seller was bad, still hasn't arrived

File an Item Not Received Dispute and get your quarter back. Those sellers are doing very nicely off buyers who don't bother for such a tiny amount.

You are not penalized for filing disputes, especially since you will win.

Buyers get Strikes for Unpaid Items. You are not a deadbeat, but your sellers are.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, I'm starting to do that as more cases have arisen, and I can see more in the works. Too many sellers saying 'be patient' or asking me to wait just another week, 10 days etc... just long enough that refunds are the only option. One seller asked if it had arrived from china just 9 days after purchase ,then said it was lost & he preferred to refund. I told him to be patient, but he said refund better. This just stinks.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Amazingly, ONLY the items I won at auction for a low bid are being 'lost'... never the ones where I pay much more. Postal serice is strange that way I guess.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

My postal carrier just informed me that she will no longer deliver my china packages because they have bogus postage! Free shipping is a scam.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

You should call your Post Office, ask to speak to the manager and file an official complaint.

The postal carrier does NOT have the right to refuse to deliver your parcels on the basis that she "thinks" or "assumes" that the postage used by the shipper in China is "bogus".  That is not her job to determine not her option to not deliver.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

tandro4
Community Member

I have 8 orders right now that are in resolution centre for not receiving. Out of that 8 only 1 has came.  There is something going on because i used to maybe loose 1 package every 10. Not every order and maybe lucky if you do get one. Even the preferred sellers are running scams. 

Ive noticed since ebay updated their policies and this "trending prices / upc" that sellers are putting up false ads to drive the prices back down. Buyers look for the best deal why most of us are being ripped off. They have no intention of shipping you a item they are only posting it to manipulate the system. That or trying to take your money and run.  

Ebay needs to fix this asap. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

My postal carrier just informed me that she will no longer deliver my china packages because they have bogus postage!

Does she mean they are counterfeit? COOL! There is a collector market for counterfeit stamps (Fakes Forgeries and Cinderellas is the topic. And of any country) . Take them to a local stamp dealer, or a show with many dealers and sell them. You won't get much but you will make a stampgeek very happy.

But I agree with pierrelebel that this is not the responsibility of the carrier.

Again, it is unlikely these undelivered purchases were ever sent. The PO (Canada or China) have no responsibility here. The sellers are making money, quarter by quarter, on buyers who can't be bothered filing UIDs on such cheap purchases.

Still, you might oughta clear out before too much longer, seems there's a thief about.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I just got off a call to Customer Service for this very reason. I sat this morning going over order dates and noticed the issue started for me back with Items I have bid on and "won" since last October I have not been receiving.  Life gets busy and you forget to keep checking back for delivery dates.  Allot of times I would notice a few weeks after it was expected that I hadn't received anything.  By the time I went to my purchase history it had disappeared from the active list.  I searched google to find out how to find them and even then a few would not be listed in history. So off to PayPal I went to find them on there and put the complaint in through there.    

The agent I spoke too on Customer Service was useless.  All he could continue to say was that "you can open a complaint and request a refund".  I was calling to say they need to screen their complaints better and if they are seeing allot of them for the same reason (as we have to list a reason for refund) then they need to look at their sellers closer.  He said that I should look at seller's better and only pick ones from the US.  Well sorry  but most of the US sellers don't shipped to Canada and if they do the shipping is often more then the cost of the bidded on item. 

At the point of not using eBay anymore, it is not worth the frustration when Amazon offers the same items as well and they screen their sellers all the time for issues like this.  eBay has become like Wish, unreliable!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

4pryncess wrote:

At the point of not using eBay anymore, it is not worth the frustration when Amazon offers the same items as well and they screen their sellers all the time for issues like this.  eBay has become like Wish, unreliable!

Long delays.  Not much has changed since this thread was posted all those years ago.  There have always been long delays on items from China, not least because it is the rest of the world that subsidizes their cheap shipping while China grows rich enough to build up a munitions store that can rival the United States.  

If you like old threads, this one is at least fairly recent and features some current discussion about China shipping, 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Items-not-showing-up/m-p/361997#U361997

The real reason that items from China are taking unbelievably long these days (the last 6 months or so) is this drug, 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

Look at the 'hazmat' suits the Canadian Border Guards have to wear.  Any substance THAT toxic is not one we want to be allowed to spread around the country.  

Other people are complaining of delays, too, and as old threads go, this one shows nothing has changed and certainly not improved.  The border inspections are the main problem, and I don't see it clearing up any time soon.  You really should buy from North America, at least if you want to receive your purchases, 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/China-to-Canada-packages/qaq-p/121715/comment-id/4926...

All this means if you buy from China, no matter what online site you use, your items will STILL be delayed.  The problem is shipments from China, and there is no really hi-tech way just yet to quickly identify which package might have a few grains of this stuff and which not.  A few grains is all you would need to get rid of all your neighbors.  Keeping this stuff off the streets if far more important than shoppers getting cheap gadgets quickly.  

The CS rep has a point, buy from North America. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Lately my eBay packages haven't been arriving. It's very frustrating. I get the money back, but it's many months later and I end up without the product. eBay should do something about it. 

To get your money back you have to request a refund starting after the maximum arrival date for up to 30 days. NEVER ask them to resend it, becuase if it doesn't arrive it's too late for eBay to garantee a refund.  

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

You have responded to a thread from 10 years ago! Best to start your onw thread for any issue you may be having at this current time as an old thread like this will be irrelevant and any info provided way outdated...

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@kh-cathy

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014!

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 20 of 20
latest reply