Have you ever received a refund from a dispute but then....

sergus0
Community Member

I bought an item before Christmas and I never received it, so I opened a dispute and was issued a refund mid January.  Case closed, right?  Not according to the seller.  I received an Ebay message from her a couple of days ago stating that she would issue me a refund on Feb. 4th.   What???   I have never been a seller, but I am sure Ebay told her the dispute was closed in my favor and I have been reimbursed.   When the dispute was open, the seller seemed very confused, lied about where the package was, and contradicted herself a few times through her own messages.

Should I call Ebay and get them to send her a message that the case has been settled?  I don't want money I am not entitled to.  If she tries to send money to me, can I refuse it?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

sergus0
Community Member
p.s. I do not want to contact this seller myself.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It sounds like Feb 4th is past the 45th day you can make a claim, if you already received the refund I wouldn't worry to much about it, just make sure it is a refund for that purchase

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Well, that is special.

Paypal and eBay probably were the ones who actually paid you.

Then they went after the seller for their money.

The usual system is to charge the refund to the seller's credit card (or bank account) which is attached to the PP account. In some cases, if the seller is still subject to the 21 Day Hold, she just won't have your payment released and PP will use it to cover the refund they made.

If she does send you money, obviously you can't keep it since you have already been refunded.

You can refuse the refund or you can use PP's Send Money service to return it to her.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply