Hi everyone If any sellers want to discuss what happened please feel free

Hi everyone I just want to clarify with the sellers what happened on my end so you all dont feel like I'm the devil or misleading. For a year now I have been a very consistant shopper on ebay spending thousands of dollars...sooomuch me and my boyfriend fight because he think im addicted lol. Many of you have had me as a customer and never had issues with me im very patient. for the first 8 months it was running so smoothly and if items were a week or two late i would never open a case i patiently waited. However for the last four months Ihave been spending spending as usual but maybe reciving 2 items out of 10. I mean im still waiting on some items i ordered before christmas. I dont want to be hated or forthe sellers to not want me as a customer cuz i love shopping on the site. Just i am going on a trip and alot of items i ordered to wear have not arrived and im heartbroken beacuse ill my friends have lovely dresses makeup and jewellery and i want to feeljust aspretty. I have ordered alotagain in the past few days and now as im going on my trip when im back i will patiently wait agin without any cases opened. If i asked for a refund i apologize but its only because your item is very late and i needed to purchase things for my trip.so those sellers that understand and still want my buissness thank you to those of you who don't thats sad for me but its your choice i hope you can just see from my side I was crying because i didnt even want to go. So i apologize if you were one of the sellers that had to refund but i am sincere if i come back and your item is here i will pay back. I just wanted to explain myself b/c i heard emails were being sent about reporting me which is not fair to me and made me cry again. I am a good customer i paid with my money i understand to the seller it may not always be your fault but am i suppose to lose my money and get no money. I just cant give money away im still a student hope you all understand thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

So, you are buying all these items from Canadian sellers? It really shouldn't take that long to receive items shipped from within Canada. Do you live in a very remote location by any chance?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

White space is your friend.

You have bought perhaps 10 items and have received only about two since before Christmas.

There are two possibilities with one answer

You are ordering from China and your items are held up in customs. There are several long posts about this.

One reason is the UPU and the other is fentanyl.  You can Search the Boards for longer explanations.

Or your sellers, wherever they are, are scammers who are not shipping.

In either case, you will not annoy honest sellers* by OPENING THE ITEM NOT RECEIVED DISPUTES.

Some of your purchases may be too old for eBay disputes, but you can open them on Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under tools.

Just i am going on a trip and alot of items i ordered to wear have not arrived...I have ordered alotagain in the past few days and now as im going on my trip when im back i will patiently wait agin without any cases opened.

Go to your local Postal Outlet and buy a Hold Mail service.

This can be up to three months.

If any of your purchases arrive while you are away, they will still be there when you return.

But open those Not Received Disputes.

It is your duty as a citizen to help all of us keep the site clean.

And it is your duty as a consumer not to give your money to scammers.

*We would be delighted to have the scammers and the nitwits closed down and gone.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you've been buying from China and hoping for rapid delivery, you will only be disappointed. 

Cheap goods from China shipped cheaply are now being delayed for Customs inspection to halt the illegal import of smuggled drugs. It's not unusual for shipments from China to take four of five months when it used to be four or five weeks max. Thank the fentanyl smugglers for that. People are dying like flies so postal delays are the least of our worries. 

Until all that is over, you might want to limit your purchasing to sellers in North America. Especially since it sounds as if you are getting into some hot water about the number of Items Not Received cases you've opened. Sellers can complain to you all they want about that  and say they're going to Report you but you should know that if ebay proper steps in to say they've noticed a problem, you must take heed of that. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I understand your frustration BUT... you need to STOP purchasing items from China.

Sellers in China use slow surface shipping (2-3 moths) and there is also extended delays at Customs due to Fentanyl smuggling by unscrupulous sellers.   

You need to change your buying habits and focus on Sellers in Canada, USA, U.K, Europe and Australia.

Exclude the rest and you will have a more positive buying experience.

Your post, like many others appear almost daily on these boards and the bottom line is avoid China. 

Purchase quality items from Sellers in North America and you'll be a happy camper....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

... Just i am going on a trip and alot of items i ordered to wear have not arrived...I have ordered alotagain in the past few days and now as im going on my trip when im back i will patiently wait agin without any cases opened.

Go to your local Postal Outlet and buy a Hold Mail service.

This can be up to three months.

If any of your purchases arrive while you are away, they will still be there when you return.

So far as I know, the Hold Mail service doesn't actually intercept parcels. At least, it didn't in the past. It seems to me that would be the whole point of a Hold Mail: to ensure my online shopped goods are not punted back to the sender. But it sounds like a hold on parcels is not part of the service offered. Unless I'm reading this wrong. It should be part of the service. 

From CPC https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=hold_mail_service_te&cattype=kb&cat=receivi...

• Parcels (for example, PriorityTM, XpresspostTM, XpresspostTM Certified, Expedited ParcelTM and Regular ParcelTM), including prepaid envelopes, may be delivered during the holding period. If you expect such deliveries, advise the sender to delay shipping until your return.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

ay656
Community Member

If you have a friend or relative in the US, you can ship to their address. It'll be much faster.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You are right.
I keep forgetting that.
I suppose the problem would be a back room filled with Held parcels and no where to put new arrivals.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply