How wise is it to buy a Chanel jacket (a big ticket item I cannot try on) on eBay? Legit sellers?

dirkus9
Community Member

How wise it it to buy a Chanel jacket (a big ticket item I cannot try on nor can I return) on Ebay? Legit sellers?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How wise is it to buy a Chanel jacket (a big ticket item I cannot try on) on eBay? Legit sellers?

Why would you not be able to return it?

Seller's are allowed to have a No Returns policy, but that does not mean that they won't give refunds.

EBay allows you to open a Not As Described dispute for 30 days after delivery. Paypal allows you to open a dispute for 180 days after payment.

That being said.

Get out a tape measure and have a friend measure you in both centimetres (Chanel is made in France) and inches. Be honest with yourself.

Don't buy unless the actual measurements are stated in the description.

Buy from North America, France, or Japan. (Japan is a big buyer of designer goods and has a strong Rule of Law.)

Buy from sellers with 99% or higher feedback.

Read the negative and neutral feedback for patterns.

Read the feedback left for others.

Sellers who also have B&M stores may be slightly better bets, in which case check out the website of the store.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why would you not be able to return it?

Seller's are allowed to have a No Returns policy, but that does not mean that they won't give refunds.

EBay allows you to open a Not As Described dispute for 30 days after delivery. Paypal allows you to open a dispute for 180 days after payment.

That being said.

Get out a tape measure and have a friend measure you in both centimetres (Chanel is made in France) and inches. Be honest with yourself.

Don't buy unless the actual measurements are stated in the description.

Buy from North America, France, or Japan. (Japan is a big buyer of designer goods and has a strong Rule of Law.)

Buy from sellers with 99% or higher feedback.

Read the negative and neutral feedback for patterns.

Read the feedback left for others.

Sellers who also have B&M stores may be slightly better bets, in which case check out the website of the store.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you.Good advice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply