I am trying to purchase 50 fleece blankets 50 " x 60" for an independant living place where my mom i

I am trying to purchase 50 fleece blankets 50 " x 60" for an independant living place where my mom is, because most of the people do not have people visit then and although I don't have much I would like to provide them with a nice little gift for xmas.

I see there are several fleece blankets for sale in bulk but they do not sell to Canada.  Does someone what to tell me why I am on the Canadian site and they are listed there for sale but you can't buy them.  Why are they even listed.  This site is getting more frustrating by the minute.  I will have have to find something else for them now because it seems that there is not help from the site.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I am trying to purchase 50 fleece blankets 50 " x 60" for an independant living place where my mom i

I do not understand your problem.

If I do a search for "fleece blankets wholesale" located in North America, I find:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=fleece+blankets+wholesale&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc...

I see listings showing shipping to Canada (or worldwide).  Can't you see them?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I went to the site you gave.  The first  two blanket, one in light blue and the other in dark blue are $9.99 each with Free shipping to USA.

However the  shipping is $66.65 to  Canada.

Are we at war with USA?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ah there's the oedipal Global Shipping Program again.

Plus a seller wanting to use Delivery Confirmation on low value/low fraud items.

Contacting the seller and asking for a quote on shipping 50 blankets together would be helpful.

A suggestion that you would like a private listing without GSP would make things easier for the US seller, if the price is right. Ask the seller to use your name as the title so that only you find it.

And outside the box, have you checked the price of fleece at local fabric shops? The larger chains would be the ones to approach, like Fabricland or Bouclair.

The reason I mention fleece is that it comes in widths, is often used for blankets, and does not require hemming.

But 9.99 for a queen size blanket would be a real deal.

At this time of year I would not bother with any seller outside of North America. And remember it can easily take 20 days for a purchase to arrive.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Oh 50x60" -- more shawl sized. Queen size would be 60x90-100". Still a good price.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I agree with comments posted already and questions regarding policies that have resulted in  ebay.ca  becoming more eroded all the time. What is the  purpose of having ebay.ca if sellers who are located (ship from location)  outside of Canada are permitted to list on ebay.ca?  I feel that they should be allowed to to list only on ebay.com only, and that  ebay.ca should remain exclusive to sellers who are located in Canada, and perhaps ship only in Canada.

I also do not feel that sellers who charge shipping costs to ship to Canada, at the present time are 

allowed to put "free shipping" in their listings. 

Why are there no boxes to check, when writing up listings on ebay.com that say: No shipping to Canada. Flat rate shipping to Canada, or similar?  The categories - North, and South America, or International,  that one has to choose from in this regard do not respect Canadian sellers efforts, or Canadian buyers who wish to spend their money shopping on ebay.  It sure gives the impression that Canada does not exist. Hmm, strange, as last time I looked at the map, 75% of the Cdn population live within hours of the U.S. border. 

I would be very interested in hearing what other Canadian sellers have to say about this issue.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

re: previous posting

Correction of typo error: I also do not feel that sellers who charge shipping costs to Canada, should continue to be allowed, as they are at the present time, to put "free shipping" in their listings.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Good morning.

I was replying to the comment by the original poster "but they do not sell to Canada."  If a buyer wants to purchase a large wholesale quantity, it would make sense to contact the seller and negotiate a shipping cost accordingly instead of relying on what (obviously wrong)  information was entered in the listing page.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The shipping you are seeing is the total shipping whether you buy 1, 5, 10 or 20 blankets. 20 blankets are C$112.75 + C$75.15 shipping      Total - $187.90   

That works out to C$9.40 per blanket

There is another listing for 24 throws, assorted colors that would be sent through the gsp. They work out to C$6.78 each

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You might want to try some local thrift stores.  I see a lot of small fleece throws/blankets every time I go in.

They are usually priced $3-6 each - no tax, no shipping and your purchase helps a charity.

Good luck in your efforts - it's a lovely gesture.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I agree. Everyone turns their nose up at secondhand items but seem to have no problem buying cheaply made garbage. I'm sure the people receiving the blankets should be grateful for anything. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I agree - what a fabulous gesture.  I give clothes and household items to various charities, including women's shelters.  I always tell people off when they say they "threw something out".  I agree about Thrift Stores.  I am what you might call a "fashionista" on a budget and have no problem whatsoever buying when I see something I love - just a good wash and I'm good to go.  Have an eye I guess, you sometimes find, other times no, but the "high" is finding something and on Robson St. (a high end shopping area in Vancouver) I sometimes get women asking me where I got a piece of clothing one was a gorgeous, really unusual knitted jacket.  When I tried it on in the store, I had two women following me to see if I would put it back.  No way, it was $10.00 on sale for $5.00!

Sorry, I'm off topic - when at these places, I often see blankets and such - maybe not in bulk, but one time I saw many - maybe give that a try if you have the time.  As I said lovely gesture - I too feel so good when each year I dish out Xmas dinner at the Salvation Army - they are SO thankful.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply