I bought Clarisonic Mia from seller. I can not get refund or return the item.

yoilife
Community Member

Hi, I bought Clarisonic Mia 2 from seller 3 weeks ago. While waiting the item, the seller's account was closed. I panicked and requested the case for refund. After 3 days, the item arrived, so I closed the case.

However, after I closed the case, I realized that the item did not work properly. It was New Sealed Never opened product, but the seller sent me malfunction product. It can not found out until trying to removed the brush from the body of Clarisonic. It is very tricky. 

Since, I already closed the case, eBay and Paypal do not help me anymore. I sent emails to the seller, but the seller does not reply either.

I want to know what I should do with this product, and what is my next step.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm afraid your only recourse may be to contact the company directly. I'm not familiar with the product but they might have parts covered under a manufacturer's warranty. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Unfortunately, many companies will not honour warranties when the purchase was not made from one of their contracted retailers.

The reasons are many including the sale of stolen product or seconds that did not meet their standards and of course, counterfeits.

I suggest phoning the credit card you really paid with (Paypal is just a mediator). Call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask customer service about a chargeback.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't call the company. It may even have been the company that initiated closing down your seller.

If you have to ship the item back, try to get permission to ship it to the company in Canada rather than to the USA or overseas.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

yoilife
Community Member

Thank you for the messages. Unfortunately, I can not get the warranty because I did not buy this from an authorized shop. I called credit card company, but they can not do anything. 

The new sealed product with low price means suspicious. I will be careful next time. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply