I gave neutral feedback and a seller is trying to manipulate me into changing it.

I gave neutral feedback and a seller is trying to manipulate me into changing it. The seller is not a bad person or a bad store, but I chose to leave feedback so that people would understand the limitations of the product. the seller, in china, wants to give me a refund.
I don't need a refund. I need to be able to express the fact that product has limitations and that other customers should be aware of this. Having a feedback forum in which criticisms cannot be made is counter productive. I udnerstand that the store wants to accomidate me, but I want  to make a fair comment about the product for other people to consider.

I spent an hour in ebays "help and contacts" section going around in circles. There is no way that I can report my desire to have this seller stop emailing me. It says I can call ebay to report seller feedback manipulation, but I dont have a phone.

I order 2-5 things from ebay most weeks, but it becomes more difficult all of the time.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I gave neutral feedback and a seller is trying to manipulate me into changing it.

@ellethekitty wrote:

There is no way that I can report my desire to have this seller stop emailing me. It says I can call ebay to report seller feedback manipulation, but I dont have a phone.

There is nothing unusual about a seller asking you to revise your feedbacks, but it is annoying if they won't take "no" for an answer.  I don't think there is any way to "report" a message any more.  There used to be, but I guess people just abused it and reported everyone who wouldn't give them their own way so now the option is gone.  

With no phone there is not much you can do.   Reply to the seller's message ONCE and very politely say you appreciate their offer but you are not disposed to change your feedback.  Ask the seller to please not contact you again about this.   

If they still keep bothering you, you can always add a reply to those feedbacks you left.  Keep it calm and polite, but if they find out the hard way that harassing people can actually make things worse, maybe they won't do it any more.  

You can leave a response indefinitely, so only do that if the seller won't leave you alone after you very clearly and nicely ask them to stop.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree that adding a Response to your neutral feedback would be appropriate.

The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Constant email demands that FB be changed. Annoying." for example.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I guess my concern is more about the way ebay does these things. they make it hard to report problems. It would be nice if there was a way to separate feedback about seller versus product. If there is no way to report a neutral experience with the products without hurting the seller personally, the system is set up so that honest feedback is inhibited. I understand that the seller did nothing wrong, but I have honest feelings about the product( two items of the same size were ordered but fit differently, not uncommon  at some Chinese factories).

I blocked further messages from the seller.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is possible to write a review of the product.

Not sure that anyone reads them, but then not many read feedback either.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply