I had bid on 4 items and because the seller was afraid he was going to lose money he canceled them.

Hi all is there anything I can do to this seller and will Ebay be able to do anything. It was with MORE than 12 hours left but since he thought he was going to lose money he canceled them and then basically sent me some pretty cocky emails when I inquired what was going on. Help please.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I had bid on 4 items and because the seller was afraid he was going to lose money he canceled them.

It is frustrating when that happens but there is nothing that you or ebay can do as the seller is allowed to cancel the auction before it is over.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it is any cosolation to you,  if the seller is in the habit of

doing this then he will be charged Final Value Fees on the

highest bid.

They are only allowed to do this once every 12 months

without a penelty.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

<< is there anything I can do to this seller>>

Like dangle him upside down by his ankles until some sense falls out? 

No, alas, there is nothing you can do and what you describe is a rather common occurrence.

You appear to have seen this link outlining the ways and reasons for ending a listing early:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/end_early.html 

Like so many little irritants around here, it is just something you have to accept from time to time.

The real problem is not with sellers who have not yet acquired the experience and confidence to

list items at a price they will accept, -- it is ebay's encouraging sellers to list at impossibly low

start bids in the mistaken notion that this will attract scores of bidders.

That just doesn't happen.  Ebay seems discouragingly slow to grasp this palpable truth.

<<will Ebay be able to do anything>>

Not in your lifetime.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is frustrating when that happens but there is nothing that you or ebay can do as the seller is allowed to cancel the auction before it is over.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it is any cosolation to you,  if the seller is in the habit of

doing this then he will be charged Final Value Fees on the

highest bid.

They are only allowed to do this once every 12 months

without a penelty.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

<< is there anything I can do to this seller>>

Like dangle him upside down by his ankles until some sense falls out? 

No, alas, there is nothing you can do and what you describe is a rather common occurrence.

You appear to have seen this link outlining the ways and reasons for ending a listing early:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/end_early.html 

Like so many little irritants around here, it is just something you have to accept from time to time.

The real problem is not with sellers who have not yet acquired the experience and confidence to

list items at a price they will accept, -- it is ebay's encouraging sellers to list at impossibly low

start bids in the mistaken notion that this will attract scores of bidders.

That just doesn't happen.  Ebay seems discouragingly slow to grasp this palpable truth.

<<will Ebay be able to do anything>>

Not in your lifetime.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

To all those who replied thank you very much.

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
latest reply