I just made a purchase and 30 minutes later ebay says they have removed the listing. Why?

How can I find out why ebay removes a listing?  This has happened three times in the last month after I've made a purchase and I'm getting tired of it.  Ebay also removes listings from my summary page if I open a case and then I have no way of tracking.  Is there a solutions to these concerns?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just made a purchase and 30 minutes later ebay says they have removed the listing. Why?

How can I find out why ebay removes a listing? 

You can't.

Privacy concerns.

While most of the time listings (and sellers) are removed for very bad behaviour, from time to time an honest seller is removed because of unpaid fees.

When the fees are paid, the seller is reinstated.

And eBay's lawyers don't want a libel suit.

This has happened three times in the last month after I've made a purchase and I'm getting tired of it. 

Fool me once.....

Read the listing. Does the price sound reasonable or too good to be true?

Read the feedback. Is it over 99%? Less is poor. Less than 97% is bloody awful and that seller is going away soon.

Look for patterns in the feedback. Low quality. Non-delivery. Poor or rude communication.

Ebay also removes listings from my summary page if I open a case

Yes, that is their practice and it is a very stupid one.

However, you paid by Paypal, I assume, and they have a record of your payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

and then I have no way of tracking. 

Tracking basically tells the buyer whether or not he has received his purchase.

On eBay it is a Seller Protection mechanism.

If the item has been removed by eBay, go to PP and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You have 180 days from payment for this.

Say in the Dispute that the item has been removed by eBay. This speeds up your refund.

If the item by some chance appears after you have been refunded (hey, it could happen) go back to the PP transaction and use Send Money to repay it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How can I find out why ebay removes a listing? 

You can't.

Privacy concerns.

While most of the time listings (and sellers) are removed for very bad behaviour, from time to time an honest seller is removed because of unpaid fees.

When the fees are paid, the seller is reinstated.

And eBay's lawyers don't want a libel suit.

This has happened three times in the last month after I've made a purchase and I'm getting tired of it. 

Fool me once.....

Read the listing. Does the price sound reasonable or too good to be true?

Read the feedback. Is it over 99%? Less is poor. Less than 97% is bloody awful and that seller is going away soon.

Look for patterns in the feedback. Low quality. Non-delivery. Poor or rude communication.

Ebay also removes listings from my summary page if I open a case

Yes, that is their practice and it is a very stupid one.

However, you paid by Paypal, I assume, and they have a record of your payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

and then I have no way of tracking. 

Tracking basically tells the buyer whether or not he has received his purchase.

On eBay it is a Seller Protection mechanism.

If the item has been removed by eBay, go to PP and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You have 180 days from payment for this.

Say in the Dispute that the item has been removed by eBay. This speeds up your refund.

If the item by some chance appears after you have been refunded (hey, it could happen) go back to the PP transaction and use Send Money to repay it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

4 times in 5 days for me. I am trying get to buy a cannister filter for my aquarium. Bought 4 and paid immediately only to have each one cancelled shortly after. I also had 5 auctions I was bidding on for the filters taken down, one after the other. I don't know if this is a scam or just coincidence but I am at 9 auctions in 5 days so far. 

I can not find an area to write a complaint, just phone.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did all the listings look alike?

Same pictures ? Same descriptions? but different sellers?

You probably ran into a bunch of dropshipping sellers who were being scammed by  a crooked supplier.

Or one seller who set up a bunch of IDs to sell his nonexistent or otherwise fraudulent products.

Again.

Go to your Paypal account and immediately open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Don't bother with the suggestion that you contact the seller. Nothing will come of it*.

In the Dispute say that the listing has been removed.

Ask Paypal to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller does not prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Paypal's resolution centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

*If you have a bad transaction or a problem, contacting the seller is often a fast easy way to clear things up. But not when the seller has been kicked off eBay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Also, check your emails, mine are in my account and it should have your transaction information there...that is if you did not erase them or the server has after so many days in your folder...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Because it was stolen property...

The original owners call the police.

ebay seems to respond to the police no problem.

Mark

😄
Message 6 of 6
latest reply