I need your help please

pierre857
Community Member
seller will not ship to your primary shipping address would you like to change your primary address when I'm trying to purchase this words appear what should I do?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I need your help please

Does the seller ship to your country?  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I need your help please

Ask the seller for a quote for postage with tracking?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I need your help please

Pierre857 - The reality of online sales (eBay and elsewhere) is that very few sellers will ship to Tanzania,  as there is no protection for the seller in case of claim for non delivery.  I am now retired and used to ship worldwide but would not ship to most of Africa as postal service is problematic..

You need to find a seller willing to ship to Tanzania before placing your bid or order.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I need your help please

Perhaps your best solution for buying online is to find a freight forwarding company in North America or Europe, which services Tanzania.

These companies collect your goods and re-ship them to you. Some also handle duty and sales tax for you. And obviously, they charge a fee for the service.

I don't know of any in Canada, but I understand there are quite a few in New Jersey and in Doral Florida.

One drawback is that eBay (and possibly other online marketplaces) deem your purchase to be delivered when it arrives at the freight forwarder.

EBay's Money Back Guarantee does not apply to forwarded purchases, but frankly, international refunds and exchanges are pretty messy in any case.

You might also specifically look for  US and UK sellers who use the Global Shipping Program. This is in effect a freight forwarding service used by sellers instead of buyers. It provides strong Seller Protections, including tracking, which may make your seller more confident.

This is not a criticism of you personally, of course, it is a result of too many problems with poorly run African postal systems --- and that well known Nigerian prince who needs a little help with his $12million dollar windfall.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I need your help please

Most people in Tanzania use freight forwarders in the UK.  Are you a Tanzanian national? - contact the local Dar office of one of the freight forwarders to set up an account and get advice on the best procedures.  Are you an expat? - do the same, but you should also be able to find some good advice within your local expat community, your country's consular office or embassy, or their representative.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I need your help please

We used to ship quite frequently to Box 500 Ottawa, which is the address for the Canadian Diplomatic Bag.

Basically, this was the address for any diplomats (and their families) posted overseas which they could use for personal shipments.

There was one guy in Algeria who purchased bulk lots in our auctions and used that address. Canada had a big presence in Algeria and I believe at the time they were our second or third largest market for wheat.

Thanks for the memory!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply