I received an item I never ordered and had to pay26$ of custom! help!

nbabe1
Community Member

I received today an item I never ordered. I was obliged to pay 26$ of duty fees. The seller wrote 28$ and I never buy item above 20$ as in Canada we have duty free up to 20$.

So I don't know who sent me this, its not an item I won, nor an amount I paid, so how can I find out who did this?

On shipment there is an seller company name and an address but since its not something I ordered I don't know how to track the seller?

Who reimburses me those fees?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

" I was obliged to pay 26$ of duty fees. "

???

Why did you pay?  If you had not purchased anything requiring taxes (and duty) to be paid, why did you pay?

To whom did you give $26?  Canada Post?  UPS?  FedEx? someone else?

What exactly did the $26 cover?  Taxes (GST/HST)?  Duty? Brokerage Fee? Anything else?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I wasn't home when they delivered so someone paid the 26$ to the delivery guy, on the bill there is only 5$ of taxes the rest are custom fees. and I think a delivery fee since its duty fees related. believe me if I was home I wouldn't have paid.

Now I have something  I never ordered, at a price I never pay, if it was a seller s mistake I need to find out, as I buy everyday on ebay but with an item and a price that doesn't match I have no clue how to track it

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"paid the 26$ to the delivery guy, "

Was this UPS ?

Did you have a recent purchase where the total (including shipping) would be about $28?

Have you opened the parcel to see what the item is?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"Have you opened the parcel to see what the item is?"

As Pierre says, find out what was delivered. Maybe it was something you forgot you ordered.  Or maybe it's something worth way more than the $26 paid out to delivery.  You could come out ahead.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Nope, I never buy above 20$ as this is the limit to free duty. Inside it was a very cheap kids dress size maybe 4-5 yr. don't have kids nor girl and Im way bigger then that. No I never ordered this. But I buy everyweek from china but I know I didn't buy this nor anything worth 26$. Its DHL and they really are running me around.

I told them they force to pay roommate, they keep saying you had a choice, I keep saying I wasn't there and roommate told them so, driver didn't care, roommate knows I never buy above 18$ or so and he said so to driver, but nonetheless driver said I mus be paid now.

Not happy with DHL, seems force sale.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is there a return address on the package or paperwork you received from DHL?

Any way to identify and contact the shipper (seller)?

Does DHL have the name and address of shipper?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply