International Priority Shipping, Bah!

International Shipping is neither faster, nor less costly.

I have shipped much larger shipments thru Rock Auto that took less time to arrive and didn't cost as much to ship.

I might as well of sent the part on a tour excursion!

The part I ordered literally drove right by me shipping from Wisconsin and landing in Kentucky before it MIGHT make a more direct path to Canada. Going to take twice as long to receive. How is that efficient?

eBay, this is NOT a very good service and you need to do much better.

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@24randyo wrote:
Non-US Buyers just need to have much deeper pockets! Isn't that ironic for all those Republicans.

Not sure what the Republicans have to do with any of this.

As Femmefan explained, the GSP was designed for the benefit of sellers. Absolutely zero consideration was paid to buyers. You can return the favor by ignoring all GSP items. To do so, use "List View" (not Gallery View) to search for items and ignore all the ones that have the "Customs services and international tracking provided" blurb, which identifies the GSP.

If you feel so inclined, you can message sellers of GSP items you look at to let them know why you won't be bidding on or buying their item. Including a screen shot of the shipping + import charges that you see would help drive the point home.

Keep in mind that every time a buyer purchases a GSP item in spite of their hatred for the program, they contribute to its success.

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

That the shipping and import costs are outrageous is another question.

No question that the shipping charges for GSP items that could be shipped as letter mail from the US or UK are pretty over the top, but what, pray tell, is outrageous about the import charges for items that are properly listed?  Pitney Bowes can't do anything about the tax and duty charges (apart from ensure that they're charged correctly, and that's not easy for items that are improperly listed), but  I have to begrudgingly admit that their charges above and beyond tax and duty are generally unbeatable.

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

who do you talk to? that's a daughter

@robert_pilkey wrote:

International Shipping is neither faster, nor less costly.

I have shipped much larger shipments thru Rock Auto that took less time to arrive and didn't cost as much to ship.

I might as well of sent the part on a tour excursion!

The part I ordered literally drove right by me shipping from Wisconsin and landing in Kentucky before it MIGHT make a more direct path to Canada. Going to take twice as long to receive. How is that efficient?

eBay, this is NOT a very good service and you need to do much better.

of eBay and therefore they suck out money from buyers in any way.

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

I am boycotting future shipment through Ebay's slow and overly costly system.  Enough is enough.  Hold someone else to ransom!

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Zombie thread from 2014

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

Well I no longer buy from a seller using International Priority Shipping.

It's that simple You wont ship with USPS or UPS I won't buy

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

Still relevant as the scam continues unabated. A total ripoff
Message 67 of 69
latest reply

@neilreid wrote:

Still relevant as the scam continues unabated. A total ripoff.

And people continue to post about the GSP being a "scam" and/or a "ripoff" without explaining why they feel that way.

The GSP is a glorified forwarding service that heavily relies on the seller providing accurate information on the item in order to charge buyers fairly for the service.  Part of the service also involves paying taxes and duties on imports on the buyer's behalf.  The GSP's "import charges" are largely those taxes and duties.  The GSP's take of the import charges is less than any other carrier I've encountered.

There are other ways you can get your item from a US seller who is unwilling to ship directly to Canada if you don't like the GSP doing it.

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 69 of 69
latest reply