Item Missing from Purchase History

Item Id: 221958351297 purchased 2016-04-18 is missing from my purchase history ...and yes I have selected the time range of "2016".

The item arrived in 43 days which is not unusual otherwise the transaction was uneventful.

As a footnote I tried to look it up to give it a negative review - just submitted. (I don't know the process before eBay posts it.)

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You can only post feedback within 60 days from the date of the purchase.  April 18 is more than 60 days away so you will not be allowed to post feedback for this US$0.99 item from China (with free shipping)..

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X+221958351297.TRS5&_nkw=+221...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If the seller left you feedback on the item, you can add a Response to his feedback indefinitely.

(You can also leave Responses to your own feedback.)

Responses do stand out on a page, but do not otherwise affect feedback percentages.

Your seller's feedback is just okay at 98.8%, and his negatives are a litany of complaints about slow or no delivery.

Perhaps your dollar purchase was less the lightbulb than a lesson in how to use feedback.

Read the negative and neutral feedback for patterns (remembering that some people will never be satisfied).

Unlike school, 98% is not a particularly good grade and 97% is terrible.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@robbwell wrote:

Item Id: 221958351297 purchased 2016-04-18 is missing from my purchase history ...and yes I have selected the time range of "2016".

The item arrived in 43 days which is not unusual otherwise the transaction was uneventful.

As a footnote I tried to look it up to give it a negative review - just submitted. (I don't know the process before eBay posts it.)

I assume you discovered this problem when you wanted to leave a product review (not seller feedback as others have assumed)?

Does the sale show on paypal?

And does the eBay link work from paypal (it should for up to 90 days)?

Since the sale was 62 days ago it might currently be in the cracks on eBay's system as it moves the sale from the 0-60 day range to the 61-90 day range and the sale may become visible again.

That said, it's not a good sign when financial purchase details disappear when they should be there.

-..-

Last thought: was the purchase marked as "hidden" ?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes the purchase shows in PayPal and a link from there takes me back to the eBay listing. I can also see the (positive) feedback left for the seller. It is not in the hidden group either.

That was an April 18 purchase. There is another transaction missing from history for an April 30 purchase (for which I am still awaiting delivery.)

Both items were in history. It is just today I noticed them missing. items before and after April are being listed in History.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@robbwell wrote:

Yes the purchase shows in PayPal and a link from there takes me back to the eBay listing. I can also see the (positive) feedback left for the seller. It is not in the hidden group either.

That was an April 18 purchase. There is another transaction missing from history for an April 30 purchase (for which I am still awaiting delivery.)

Both items were in history. It is just today I noticed them missing. items before and after April are being listed in History.

I recommend posting this issue on the next weekly eBay chat session (next should be Wednesday June 22)

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/June-22nd-2016-Weekly-Session/td-p/341358 (message 10)

raphael@ebay.com:

"This is fixed or in progress of being fixed. It was caused by a batch process that copies older over to archive tables and which had fallen behind a bit, causing some items to not be visible. That process has been catching up since mid week last week, pretty sure it's caught up now or close to being caught up. Any items still missing should reappear shortly."

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

To wrap this up ... the item missing is still not showing in History.

The other item I noted was missing is actually showing under Returns and Cancelled Orders ... though it was neither returned nor cancelled and has been receive satisfactorily.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Do you know some sellers put fake items on Ebay?

If you buy it, they take your money and say " shipped".

but your item will not arrive because they did not send.

then, you complain.

after a while, they refund.

but what a waste of time

I think Ebay knows it, but Ebay does not correct or punish the bad sellers.

do not believe sellers.

if you try to make bad marks on them, they erase all communications and disappear.

My question is why Ebay just allows them to play on ebay?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply