Item from seller received after many promises. What do I do next.

2014cahowa
Community Member

What do I do next ? Requested refund but no response. Howard

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What do I do next

After 4 plus months there is nothing you can do.

You only have 45 days to file a claim and you passed

that a long time ago.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You left the following positive feedback last May for that seller from Singapore:

"Ordered Mar 19 an still not arrived. Have comms and promises but no product "

You should have contacted the seller at that time and leave negative feedback, like many other buyers have done.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Contacting the seller is the first step.

But only the first.

If, as in your case, there is no immediate action, ie a refund*, then you move to the second step.

Within 45 days of purchase you open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller does not either refund you or prove delivery, then Paypal will refund you and go after him for the money.

But you only have 45 days for this.

If 45 days have passed you can go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a mediator) and ask for a chargeback. Four months would be pushing it, but if you don't ask they can't say yes.

As it turns out, you did receive the item. No refund is necessary. An apology would be nice, but pointless. You can add a Response to any feedback you or the seller left. The most effective responses are calm and factual.

*A promise of a replacement is not action, it is a scam. Go directly to Dispute if you are offered a replacement.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

2014cahowa
Community Member
Well I kept in contact , promises made. They resent in May 20th, so they said but still zero
product. "Just wait" they kept saying.
And I wait !!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'cahowa',

Did you in fact not receive the promised replacement?  That would make more sense, but you see

your title says "Item from seller received...", although that is the edited version so I suppose it's quite

possible that in her haste to remove the seller name so that the rest of us will not be deterred from

buying from that seller (as if the seller's country itself were not sufficient to the purpose) the moderator

may have inadvertently deleted your "not".

Either way, I gather you did not receive your item but instead got a sweetly worded, earnest sounding lie

urging you to wait past day 45 when you can file a claim, and day 60 when you can leave feedback.

Well, as 'nicestamps' says, if you used a credit card there is the minutest chance you could ask to do

a chargeback, but after all this time, even most card companies will tell you the deadline has expired,

-- and cards have longer deadlines.

For future reference you would do yourself the greatest kindness to read through the following link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

It tells what to do when there is a problem.  Keep those deadlines in mind.  Sure, items from overseas

can take a long time.  But if you have nothing after 40 days, contact the seller.  If, by day 43 you have

no item and no refund, open your claim.  After you open a claim you have 20 days to escalate it

so that should be loads of time for an errant item to appear.  That is, if one was even sent in the first place.

Never accept the promise of a replacement unless it can get to you in under 45 days from your original

payment.  With an item from China, that's impossible.  So when you hear that sweet plea to wait,

open a claim and stop communicating with the seller.

You've completely lost your money on this one, sorry to say.  It happens to just about everyone when

they're new.

Just don't let it happen again. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply