Missing items from My eBay!?!

iytv
Community Member

Hello, 

I recently purchased two items and was charged accordingly out of my PayPal. I also received a confirmation email for each item however when I attempt to view these items in My eBay it says there's nothing there.

I've attempted to use the terrible Help & Contact support page but without these items showing up on my account I'm forced into endless circles. I can provide email reference IDs, Access Codes and transaction IDs as needed.

Really wondering whats going on here as you've taken my money and I have yet to receive any products.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The important thing here is that you haven't received the products.

If more than 20 days have passed (30 if your seller is in Asia), go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You will need the transaction number.

Go to your Paypal account and click on the transaction. That should bring up the original listing if it has been less than 90 days. The transaction number is in tiny print above the Description on the right side.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, and remember it does take time for stuff to arrive, this is mail order, he is required to refund you. If he doesn't do this promptly (and do NOT accept an offer of a replacement, money is what you want) Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for their money. Hard.

It is also possible that you have set your Purchases page to a shorter period than you think. This is a drop down menu on the right side. It can be set to cover as little as the last seven days or as much as the last 90 days.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This is a user discussion board.  eBay employees generally do not read these posts.  That being said, here is how to contact eBay by phone:

At the bottom of this page, click on "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" tab.  Choose any topic that seems relevant, such as "Buying" > "How to pay for an item".   Not all topics will provide a link, but many, such as the one above, take you to a screen where you will find, on the right side, 2 choices:  call eBay on a toll-free number, or have them call you.  Follow the prompts.  Have all the relevant information ready.  Be patient - it may take a long time and several customer service reps, before you have all your questions answered satisfactorily.  If you are not getting logical answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Call back if needed.  The call centre is in the Phillippines, not all operatives are well trained or familiar with eBay Canada.  If you're lucky, you'll get the call centre in Utah and a native English speaker to assist you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If more than 20 days have passed (30 if your seller is in Asia), go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

Go to your Paypal account and click on the transaction. That should bring up the original listing if it has been less than 90 days. The transaction number is in tiny print above the Description on the right side.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, and remember it does take time for stuff to arrive, this is mail order, he is required to refund you. If he doesn't do this promptly (and do NOT accept an offer of a replacement, money is what you want) Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for their money. Hard.

It is also possible that you have set your Purchases page to a shorter period than you think. This is a drop down menu on the right side. It can be set to cover as little as the last seven days or as much as the last 90 days.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I tried that over and over last night and just got stuck in a loop. As there are no transactions in the history (set to 100) there is no possible way to open a resolution ticket.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You can get the eBay listing number from your transaction page in your PayPal account.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just wanted to say thanks as your information helped get everything sorted out

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm glad it helped you, and hope your "My eBay" is functioning now.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply