Never dealing with eBay again! Never ever!

joy-6686
Community Member

Order an idem from seller.   I never received the idem even after 2 months.    eBay encourages me to communicate the seller, but don't quite understand the seller's English.   

Never ever dealing with eBay again.   

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You are posting to a member to member Board.

EBay* do suggest that your first Contact for a problem be a seller.

However, this should not be an extended conversation.

Just "When did you ship? What service did you use? What is the tracking number?"

If you don't get an immediate refund or a number that shows the item is in Canada, it is time to ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

A lot of buyers get hung up in a conversation with a scammer so you are not alone.

Is your Dispute still open?

If so escalate.

If it is not, go to your Paypal payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page.

You have 180 days from payment for a Claim.

Same basic process, and again, don't get hung up with the seller, move it along.

*and Paypal. You may also be covered by the credit card I hope you attached to your PP account.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If communication with the seller is getting you nowhere, open an Item Not Received case.

You can do this either through ebay or Paypal. Both offer Buyer Protection.

There is no need to be frustrated.

But don't accept an offer to replace if you close our case. Never close a case until you see your refund.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The poster's English is not that good either ... but ... I don't see anything improper with eBay.

When something goes wrong the first step is to talk to the other party. Wouldn't you expect the same if you sold to someone.

Waiting 2 months for an item from China is normal now. Check the last expected delivery date. You have 30 days after that to claim a refund. Seems like great eBay protection for the buyer.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Leaving eBay because of issues with one seller is like refusing to visit Toronto again because a vendor operating a food truck there once put the wrong sort of mustard on your hot dog.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

After ordered the idem, got an email from eBay(?) with NO ORDER NUMBER, NO TRACKING NUMBER, the email just has the idem number and a transaction number, also saying estimated arrival was April 7th, but I was still waiting till April 14th.  Then opened a case, then the seller responded by saying the weather prevent from shipping.  Ridiculous!   The idem had not shipped after two months of the order date.  

Another story, a friend ordered a hoodie (a few years ago) and found a white mark/stain the size of the mouth of a coffee mug on the back of the hoodie.   The seller should tell the buyer of this, so it's up to the buyer to decide to buy it or not.   But the seller did not tell the buyer there was a mark/stain on the hoodie, then I would say the seller was cheating on buyer(s).  Why did the seller(s) sell the hoodie which just a piece of waste?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There is a Resolution Centre which is established to deal with cases such as this. It should be used. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Tired, and frustrated! Give up, no time!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If you have time to come here and type, you have time to open a case in the Resolution Centre. 

Typing here does nothing, opening a case gets your money back. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It literally could not be easier.

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 12.23.05 PM.png

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You have already opened a case, If after a certain number of days you still given received the item and the seller hasn't refunded,  you can ask eBay to step in.  If the seller does not have delivery confirmation to show that you received the product you will be refunded.

I can understand how frustrating it is when this type of thing happens but please keep in n mind that there are many good sellers on eBay.  One bad seller doesn't mean that all sellers are bad.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

paoldf49
Community Member

I'm afraid my first experience with ebay has been a bad one also and may be my last. I paid $163 for an item, and it ended up in a community mailbox 2000 kilometers away. The seller (Umidigi-US) has been ABSOLUTELY USELESS when I asked for some assistance, and has NOT EVEN RETURNED MY REQUEST for help. I suspect they grabbed the wrong choice when autofill was doing its thing with my address.  I have NEVER had a problem with Amazon and will give them all my online business in the future. Trying to save a few dollars on ebay is NOT WORTH IT.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply