One item not in confirmation email, but it appears in purchase history

moanmeye0
Community Member

I added three items to my cart and bought them all together. Only two of them appeared in my confirmation email and one remained in my cart. However, all three are listed in my purchase history in My Ebay. Have I bought all three or not? Should I re-buy the third item?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: One item not in confirmation email, but it appears in purchase history

I've worked it out, thanks for everyone's help. A message has now appeared it my cart saying "The seller revised one or more of the listings in your cart. Please review the updated listings before proceeding." The seller had put the price up, that is why the transaction did not go through. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The only way something gets in your Purchase History is if you bought it.  Only buy it again if you want another one.  

On the right side of the page when looking at your P.H. you should be able to click on Order Details to confirm this, plus if the dollar sign icon for this one is filled in (solid) like the other 2 that will also show you paid.  

Then there is the amount you paid.  If what you paid totals the amount of 3 items, you bought all 3.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The dollar sign is indeed filled in like the other two, but clicking "View Order Details" gives "Order Service temporarily unavailable or invalid parameters in the request URL." and only the amount for the first two items was deducted from my credit card. Is the payment for the third item just much slower to go through?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Has the seller sent your purchases?

Ask her if she sent all three, what service she used, the date of shipment and for the tracking number.

Note that the tracking number is for the Seller's protection, not yours.

You have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date for an Item Not Received -- or better an Item Not As Described-- dispute.

Not As Described if one item is missing but paid for in Paypal.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The three items were all from different sellers. The two have been shipped, but the third has now disappeared from my purchase history and it has still not been charged to my credit card. So there was probably a glitch and I should re-buy it, right?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

moanmeye0 wrote:

The three items were all from different sellers. The two have been shipped, but the third has now disappeared from my purchase history and it has still not been charged to my credit card. So there was probably a glitch and I should re-buy it, right?

There aren't nearly as many "glitches" as there are people who don't understand some aspect of a system.  If the item has disappeared completely from your P.H. and is not there even when you check the "hidden" files, then chances are there was something wrong with the whole mess.  Is the seller still on eBay?  Or are they  Not A Registered User?  

Sometimes eBay shuts people down, either for something innocent like not paying their fees, or worse, like not having any items to begin with.  Or if the item was counterfeit and eBay discovers it, they remove the listing entirely.  Either way, you may have had a lucky break.  

If you have double-checked your credit card and the item is not there, only the other 2, then by all means re-buy it.  I would suggest you find a DIFFERENT SELLER.  Any time you have a problem with one seller it is in your best interest to find someone else.  

Check the seller's feedback and buy from someone who has been around a while.  If buying from China you can expect delays of many months so you will get your item much quicker if you buy from North America (left side of page).  

item location.jpg

Items coming from China are being thoroughly checked for deadly drugs that are being smuggled in.  These links will tell you more about that, 

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1180229&tp=1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

http://globalnews.ca/news/3043678/chinese-trade-of-deadly-opioid-carfentanil-thrives-at-the-cost-of-...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I've worked it out, thanks for everyone's help. A message has now appeared it my cart saying "The seller revised one or more of the listings in your cart. Please review the updated listings before proceeding." The seller had put the price up, that is why the transaction did not go through. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply