Phone I bought is modded!

kwlgirl
Community Member
Hi I just got a Galaxy S4 Active in the mail. It's a beautiful phone but I cannot upgrade it to KitKat because it has a custom ROM on it I think. When tge phone boots up I see a lock symbol with "custom" below it. Can I unroot and install stock firmware? Should I return the phone to the seller?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So the second step is to go to the Customer Support link up there at the top right and click on the dropdown for Resolution Centre.

Open an Item Not As Described dispute.

You will be required to return the phone using a Delivery Confirmed service.

Once you can show that the seller has the phone back, you will be refunded. If the seller doesn't refund himself, Paypal will  and go after him for the money.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

First thing to do is to contact the seller and explain the problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi. Yes I did contact the seller who suggested to unroot the phone completely. I basically said I didn't expect a modded phone and accepted my request for a refund.

@pierrelebel wrote:

First thing to do is to contact the seller and explain the problem.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

So the second step is to go to the Customer Support link up there at the top right and click on the dropdown for Resolution Centre.

Open an Item Not As Described dispute.

You will be required to return the phone using a Delivery Confirmed service.

Once you can show that the seller has the phone back, you will be refunded. If the seller doesn't refund himself, Paypal will  and go after him for the money.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

kwlgirl
Community Member
Yes I unfortunately had to do that as well. I wanted a refund as soon as I provided tracking info on the package but the seller wanted to wait until the phone was in his/her hands which led to the dispute. I was informed by PayPal earlier I won the dispute. It is sort of sad this all had to come about. I do like the phone, but not modded and buggy with functions not working. On the hunt for a new phone again.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply